VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My Question Is Very Important.

Rate this question

Guest frank

Question

Guest frank

dear vetarss, i need to up date you all on my topic hoe would we know? i will start this question with my service time and hope it will help older veterans all people here are up to date , on everything and i want you to know hoe greatful i am to have my veterans help me. i will stare with my service of air force 46-49,i am only 17 ys old,i need my mother to sign ,for me to get into service,at age 20,i had made staff sergeant,have 7 men under me, i had a accident and puncherd my ear,i was in the hospital 7 months.unknowen to me i was discharged under section 38,chaptre 5 part111 m21-1,after service i join navy,52-56,i am there the night we cut the hobson in half sinking in 4 mins, with 179 men going to their graves.on discharge i grt lrtter from comening officer stating,this is dated 1-28-56,YOU HAVESET A EXAMPLE,FOR YOUR OUTSTANDING PERFORMED DUTIES IN THE 38 MONTHS ABORD THIS VESSAL,YOU HAVE SET A EXAMPLE OF MILLITARY BEARING AN INSPIRATION TO THOSESUBERDINATE TOYOU AND HAS EARNED THE PRAISE OF YOUR SUPERIOERS,IT HAS BEEN A PLEASURE I EXTEND A WELL DONE FOR YOUR SERVICES TO THIS COMMAND,A COPY OF THIS LETTER WILL BE PLACED IN YOUR SERVICE RECORDS,R.W.DENBO in 1978 i put in my first claim,for air force and navy, va responds NO RECORDS FOUND, hoe do you appeal this? 5 times i write for records 5 times i am told no records found,in 2003 with the help of a good person that recevies my request she makes copies of everything,there is everything i needed,since 46-49-52-56 also find someone has the file in 89,also there is a rating ,stating re-open claim, i am 100%from air force,plus i have my insurance paid up to date.all this is kept from me ,in 2003 when i get all records i see someone has changed address on ins policy,and i can,t trace it because of this change ,this action stops me from getting a new pin number,in 1984 i get a letter from va as i had applied for a penson,va grants me a non -service medical penson but i make to much money so i cannot get penson va does make a big mistake in letter the state ACCORING TO YOUR RECORDS OF 1948 rating of 1993,states deny penson s/c air force,in 2003 i get 100% for both terms of service.stating you are given 100% ptsd for no medical or hospital. ialso would end this witha CERTIFICATE OF RECOGNITION, THAT STATES IN RECOGNITION OF YOUR SERVICE DURING THE PERIOD OF THE COLD WAR[sEPT,2 1945-DEC-26 1991]IN PROMOTING PEACE AND STABILITY FOR THIS NATION. THE PEOPLE OF THIS NATION ARE FOREVER GRATEFUL,DONALD RUMSFIELD SECRETARY OF DEFENSE all these people should go to levenworth ,for what they did my question to you is how would we know? sorry this is so long but i had to start from the begining to give you a clear picture of the start,i see where our veteran tower rat is having the same problem i do and he is in 2006,where does he start?i might add i hold the korean war commemoratibe medal,by my great state of new jersey makes a great dart board frank

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

dear vetarss, i need to up date you all on my topic hoe would we know? i will start this question with my service time and hope it will help older veterans all people here are up to date , on everything and i want you to know hoe greatful i am to have my veterans help me. i will stare with my service of air force 46-49,i am only 17 ys old,i need my mother to sign ,for me to get into service,at age 20,i had made staff sergeant,have 7 men under me, i had a accident and puncherd my ear,i was in the hospital 7 months.unknowen to me i was discharged under section 38,chaptre 5 part111 m21-1,after service i join navy,52-56,i am there the night we cut the hobson in half sinking in 4 mins, with 179 men going to their graves.on discharge i grt lrtter from comening officer stating,this is dated 1-28-56,YOU HAVESET A EXAMPLE,FOR YOUR OUTSTANDING PERFORMED DUTIES IN THE 38 MONTHS ABORD THIS VESSAL,YOU HAVE SET A EXAMPLE OF MILLITARY BEARING AN INSPIRATION TO THOSESUBERDINATE TOYOU AND HAS EARNED THE PRAISE OF YOUR SUPERIOERS,IT HAS BEEN A PLEASURE I EXTEND A WELL DONE FOR YOUR SERVICES TO THIS COMMAND,A COPY OF THIS LETTER WILL BE PLACED IN YOUR SERVICE RECORDS,R.W.DENBO in 1978 i put in my first claim,for air force and navy, va responds NO RECORDS FOUND, hoe do you appeal this? 5 times i write for records 5 times i am told no records found,in 2003 with the help of a good person that recevies my request she makes copies of everything,there is everything i needed,since 46-49-52-56 also find someone has the file in 89,also there is a rating ,stating re-open claim, i am 100%from air force,plus i have my insurance paid up to date.all this is kept from me ,in 2003 when i get all records i see someone has changed address on ins policy,and i can,t trace it because of this change ,this action stops me from getting a new pin number,in 1984 i get a letter from va as i had applied for a penson,va grants me a non -service medical penson but i make to much money so i cannot get penson va does make a big mistake in letter the state ACCORING TO YOUR RECORDS OF 1948 rating of 1993,states deny penson s/c air force,in 2003 i get 100% for both terms of service.stating you are given 100% ptsd for no medical or hospital. ialso would end this witha CERTIFICATE OF RECOGNITION, THAT STATES IN RECOGNITION OF YOUR SERVICE DURING THE PERIOD OF THE COLD WAR[sEPT,2 1945-DEC-26 1991]IN PROMOTING PEACE AND STABILITY FOR THIS NATION. THE PEOPLE OF THIS NATION ARE FOREVER GRATEFUL,DONALD RUMSFIELD SECRETARY OF DEFENSE all these people should go to levenworth ,for what they did my question to you is how would we know? sorry this is so long but i had to start from the begining to give you a clear picture of the start,i see where our veteran tower rat is having the same problem i do and he is in 2006,where does he start?i might add i hold the korean war commemoratibe medal,by my great state of new jersey makes a great dart board frank

Yeah I called the records center and they said they had my records and i said great ill be there to get a copy of them ok? and they said "yeah sure just come on up". So i drive the two hours get there go through the security and walk through the door up to the glass where this guy behind the glass points to a sheet laying there and says "fill that out" so i proceeded to fill it out. Than after i turned it in he took it to someone who then walked up and said have a seat at the tables behind you for when they bring your stuff out for viewing" So i waited and waited and waited an hour went by so then finally they call me back up to the front window and tell me that they dont have any of my records. I told them two hours ago i just talked to a person and gave the name which was one of the people i was looking at through the glass. They said sorry we dont have any of those are you sure they didnt burn up in the fire of whatever year that was? Funny that they cant find any medical records of mine that i need and im still waiting. So yeah i know personally first hand what some of these people are going through. I was told any of the day to day loggs that shouldve also proved some things from the company i was in could not be found either. Thank God i had buddy statements to verify some of the things in my claims, and i know for most they must be hard to get because it took me about 2 years just to find some of these people. Most just drop off the planet and have no contact it seems like or at least from our company they did. Anyway I know what your going through so hopefully they will find all of our records at some time or another for our claims.

• HadIt.com Elder

Dear Frank, I have edited your post for clarity. I have asked a few questions in brackets [ ]. ~Silver Wings, Woman Vet, USAF 1980-1986.

1. i will stare with my service of air force 46-49,i am only 17 ys old,i need my mother to sign ,for me to get into service,at age 20,i had made staff sergeant,have 7 men under me, i had a accident and puncherd my ear,i was in the hospital 7 months.

Translation: I will start with my Air Force service 46-49. I was only 17 yrs old and needed my mother to sign for me to get into service. At age 20, I made Staff Sergeant and had 7 men under me. I had an accident [line of duty] and punctured my ear[drum]. I was in the hospital 7 months.

2. unknowen to me i was discharged under section 38,chaptre 5 part111 m21-1,after service i join navy,52-56,i am there the night we cut the hobson in half sinking in 4 mins, with 179 men going to their graves.on discharge i grt lrtter from comening officer stating,this is dated 1-28-56,YOU HAVESET A EXAMPLE,FOR YOUR OUTSTANDING PERFORMED DUTIES IN THE 38 MONTHS ABORD THIS VESSAL,YOU HAVE SET A EXAMPLE OF MILLITARY BEARING AN INSPIRATION TO THOSESUBERDINATE TOYOU AND HAS EARNED THE PRAISE OF YOUR SUPERIOERS,IT HAS BEEN A PLEASURE I EXTEND A WELL DONE FOR YOUR SERVICES TO THIS COMMAND,A COPY OF THIS LETTER WILL BE PLACED IN YOUR SERVICE RECORDS,R.W.DENBO

Translation: Unknown to me at that time, I was discharged under Section 38, chapter 5, part 3, M21-1. [The regulations may have changed since then. Do you know the Code of Federal Regulations (C.F.R.) that governed your discharge?]

After my AF service, I joined the Navy, 52-56. I was there the night we cut the Hobson in half sinking it in 4 minutes with 179 men going to their graves. On discharge, I was given a commendation letter from my Commanding Officer dated 1-28-1956 for my outstanding perfomance of duties aboard [this vessel].

4. in 1978 i put in my first claim,for air force and navy, va responds NO RECORDS FOUND, hoe do you appeal this? 5 times i write for records 5 times i am told no records found,in 2003 with the help of a good person that recevies my request she makes copies of everything,there is everything i needed,since 46-49-52-56 also find someone has the file in 89,also there is a rating ,stating re-open claim, i am 100%from air force,plus i have my insurance paid up to date.all this is kept from me ,in 2003 when i get all records i see someone has changed address on ins policy,and i can,t trace it because of this change ,this action stops me from getting a new pin number,in 1984 i get a letter from va as i had applied for a penson,va grants me a non -service medical penson but i make to much money so i cannot get penson va does make a big mistake in letter the state ACCORING TO YOUR RECORDS OF 1948 rating of 1993,states deny penson s/c air force,in 2003 i get 100% for both terms of service.stating you are given 100% ptsd for no medical or hospital.

Translation: In 1978 I put in my first VA Claim for both Air Force and Navy. VA responds "NO RECORDS FOUND". How do you appeal this? 5 times I write for records. 5 times I am told "No records found". In 2003, with the help of a good person that receivied my request, she made copies of everything [service medical and personnel records]. There is everything I needed since 46-49 and 52-56. I also find someone has the [C]file in 1989. Also, there is a rating that states "Re-open claim".

I am 100% from Air Force [100% for what? Do you mean to suggest the VA service-connected you 100% at some point in time?].

Additionally, I have my insurance paid up to date. All this is kept from me.

In 2003, when I get all my records, I see someone has changed my address on my Insurance policy and I can't trace it because of this change. This action [they're mistaken address of record] prevents me from getting a new pin number. [what do you need a PIN number for?]

In 1984, I get a letter from the VA as I had applied for a Pension. VA grants me a Non-service-connected medical pension but I make too much money so I cannot receive Pension. VA does make a big mistake in letter when they state "ACCORING TO YOUR RECORDS OF 1948" [which implies they lied and did in fact have my records of 1948].

Rating of 1993 states "Deny pension, S/C Air Force". [which implies they had already SC Air Force injuries?]

In 2003 I get 100% for both terms of service stating, "You are given 100% PTSD for no medical or hospital". [sorry but I do not understand "no medical or hospital"].

• HadIt.com Elder

Dear Frank, I really do think you need some one-on-one, sit down, face to face kind of assistence.

I still don't know exactly what your issues are, but I think you are suggesting the VA might have service-connected you 100% (1978 ?) but they didn't notify you of this decision?! From your statements made herein, I can not begin to speculate what you would have been 100% service-connected for?! The M21-1 is a VA Manual used for developing a veterans claims. It's VA regulations.

I can see the possibility of you're being service-conected for your punctured eardrum at some point in time . . . Are you SC for your ear problems?

Maybe things were different way-back-when you served, but my active-duty life insurance policy left me when I left the service! Does anyone know if Frank could have carried over his Insurance Policy to civilian life???

~Wings

Guest frank

Dear Frank, I really do think you need some one-on-one, sit down, face to face kind of assistence.

I still don't know exactly what your issues are, but I think you are suggesting the VA might have service-connected you 100% (1978 ?) but they didn't notify you of this decision?! From your statements made herein, I can not begin to speculate what you would have been 100% service-connected for?! The M21-1 is a VA Manual used for developing a veterans claims. It's VA regulations.

I can see the possibility of you're being service-conected for your punctured eardrum at some point in time . . . Are you SC for your ear problems?

Maybe things were different way-back-when you served, but my active-duty life insurance policy left me when I left the service! Does anyone know if Frank could have carried over his Insurance Policy to civilian life?? wing,what do you mean buy a face to face,if you meam with va forget about it, to your question of punchered ear drum,yes i am s/c since 1993,however va has never applied this, all va has me rated is ptsd, and hearing loss 0,as my insurance,that is from air force,va has no medical records for 46-49,the only papers i found in file was my progress reports in hospital for 7 months,there is nothing stating medical reason,why i am there,progress reports state in the line of duty,doctor checks daily i get 3 shots a day for 7 months,dr states he is going to apply to have me medical discharged, on air force discharge it states no injury or wond,there is a x marker in insurance that states discontinued,under law i have 31 days to inform,insurance of what i want to do, in 1949 i write insurance i want to keep insurance,i have that letter it has va stamp on it,policy is 6.40 a month,i never paid anything for that policy, have letter from insurance in 2003,stating you are 100% disabled,your is can be wavered,how could this policy remaine active from 49 to 03,if it was noy wavered?no one will answer my question,common sence is clearly there,va is going to isue a rh policy,i state no wsy, i want my policy that i hade since i had from 49.this policy is my only proof that i was 100% when i left a/f,now they tell me policy is closed out, i state no way,you must write me of this action, and this must be in writing., as this is my only link back to a/f i must keep fighting this issue. i also fell progress will serve as proof of discharge i resd somewhere if it states in the line of duty va must accept this as medical proof,, i also find something strange,in files,it states in lieu or vafg for 100% effeced dateof ptsd a williams this ie on a letter i wrote for 100% to go back to air force a williams writes this on letter i singed no where have i given her permission to write this once i have singed it ,i write back in lieu to what? i never get a answer, there is a appeal on this i have appeals on everything,found wrong in file , in ms willians case i state on appeal whatever she did had better be under federal law as i will no fell to take actoin to thr full extent oif the law, see if you can find out what vafg stands for again i thank you for your help,my senitor is on the case. frank ps wonder why no medical are found this is way before fire.

• HadIt.com Elder

Edited for clarity. Comments are in brackets [ ]. ~Wings

Wings, what do you mean buy a face to face? If you mean with VA forget about it. [i mean with a FRIENDLY veteran service officer or veteran's advocate. Someone who can sit down with you and review your C-File]

To your question of punctured ear drum. Yes, I am 0% SC since 1993, however VA has never applied this. [There is no financial compensation for 0% SC]

VA has me rated 100% SC PTSD (2003) and 0% SC Hearing Loss (1993). [OK, fine]

VA has said "No medical records found/recovered for USAF 1946-1949". The only papers I found in C-file were my Progress Reports for in-patient military hospital for 7 months. There is nothing in the record that states the medical reason for why I was there. Progress reports state "in the line of duty". Doctor checks me daily and gives me 3 shots a day for 7 months. Dr. states he is going to apply to have me medically discharged. On Air Force discharge it states "No injury or wound". [Your memory recalls an ADAF M.D. stating he wanted you medically discharged, but this did not happen. You later re-enlisted with the US Navy]

My life insurance was for active-duty Air Force. There is a x marker on Insurance [forms] that show discontinued. Under law, I had 31 days to inform insurance of what i want to do. In 1949, I wrote Insurance to say I want to keep my active-duty policy. I have that letter, it has VA stamp on it. Policy is/was $6.40 a month. I never paid anything for that policy. [Frank, if you never paid for the policy, it would become discontinued by default?]

I have a letter from VA Insurance in 2003 stating "You are 100% disabled. Your Insurance [premium] can be waived". How could this policy remain active from 1949 to 2003 if it was not waivered? [Frank, Once you are 100% SC, the VA will offer the first 10K Insurance Premium waived, meaning you do not have to pay for the first policy. After that, you have the option to pay for a second and a third 10K policy, for a maximum of 30K coverage]

VA was going to issue an [$10,000 insurance] RH Policy in 2003. I state "No way, I want the policy that I hade since 1949". This [former] policy is my only proof that I was 100% when I left USAF. [Frank, the former, ADAF insurance policy is not necessarirly proof of service-connection or medical injury]

Now they tell me my [former] policy is closed out. I state "No way, you must write me of this action, and this must be in writing". As this is my only link back to USAF, I must keep fighting this issue.

I also feel progress [reports] will serve as proof of [medical] discharge. I read somewhere if it states " in the line of duty" VA must accept this as medical proof [of injury]. I also find something strange in files: it states "In lieu of vafg for 100% effective date of ptsd".

I wrote and asked for 100% to go back to active duty USAF. A. Williams [individual] writes this ["in lieu of vafg for 100% effective date of ptsd' ?] on the letter I had signed. Nowhere had I given her permission to write this once I had singned it. I write back in lieu of what? I never get an answer! There is an appeal on this. I have appeals on everything found wrong in file! In the Willians case, I state on appeal whatever she did had better be under federal law as I will not fail to take action to the full extent of the law.

See if you can find out what "vafg" stands for? [i have no idea. Check your spelling]

I thank you for your help. My Senator is on the case. Frank

P.S. I wonder why no medical were found, this is way before the fire.

Frank, I've been thinking about your questions and I may have given you some bad information! At Discharge, I was never told I could convert my ADAF Policy Servicemembers' Group Life Insurance (SGLI) to Veterans' Group Life Insurance (VGLI) !! Maybe because I was discharged Under Other Than Honorable . . . but I do FINALLY understand YOUR Insurance Claim!!

If you have evidence of asking for the CONVERSION from SGLI to VGLI - - I would keep after your claim. In fact, I'll help us both do the research

I still don't understand the other parts of your claim, but I'm working it out in my head.

Keep fighting Frank. ~Wings

Guest frank
Yeah I called the records center and they said they had my records and i said great ill be there to get a copy of them ok? and they said "yeah sure just come on up". So i drive the two hours get there go through the security and walk through the door up to the glass where this guy behind the glass points to a sheet laying there and says "fill that out" so i proceeded to fill it out. Than after i turned it in he took it to someone who then walked up and said have a seat at the tables behind you for when they bring your stuff out for viewing" So i waited and waited and waited an hour went by so then finally they call me back up to the front window and tell me that they dont have any of my records. I told them two hours ago i just talked to a person and gave the name which was one of the people i was looking at through the glass. They said sorry we dont have any of those are you sure they didnt burn up in the fire of whatever year that was? Funny that they cant find any medical records of mine that i need and im still waiting. So yeah i know personally first hand what some of these people are going through. I was told any of the day to day loggs that shouldve also proved some things from the company i was in could not be found either. Thank God i had buddy statements to verify some of the things in my claims, and i know for most they must be hard to get because it took me about 2 years just to find some of these people. Most just drop off the planet and have no contact it seems like or at least from our company they did. Anyway I know what your going through so hopefully they will find all of our records at some time or another for our claims.
tower rat,go to the st louis fire page,tou will find NO MEDICAL RECORDS WERE IN FIRE ALL records were lent out to va around the country,the va is bad i think each person that works for va should be made to take a mental test and thy don,t get a chance to see it ,just sit them down put the test in front of them and let them go . these people are sick power,goes to thrir heads they enjoyed what they did to you frank