VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Georgia (Ga): Atlanta

• HadIt.com Elder

Atlanta VA Regional Office

This topic was created to try to help veterans who use this regional office. It is designed to offer a way for them to possibly help each other or band together to possibly get services improved.

When commenting in this topic, please try to do so constructively.

1. Mention reason for interacting with this regional office;

2. Give your pro/con on this interaction;

3. Without betraying private information, try to offer information or warnings that might be helpful to others when dealing with this office.

4. Please do not give names, phone numbers or addresses of specific persons at this office. If you do so, the post will be deleted.

• 1 month later...

I've been dealing with the Atlanta VARO since 2004. In general, my experiences have been:

- Claims process is slow. I've had two decisions farmed out to the Huntington, W.Va. RO, both decisions were positive.

- VA Loans processors were great, courteous and efficient. Went through the rapid re-fi when offered, and it was a breeze.

- The VSO (DAV) at this office is extremely busy. I made an appointment with my VSO, and still had to wait.

- Parking is tight. Even though there is a parking garage behind the building, it takes forever to find a spot to part because a large portion seems to be for employees (unless you have handicap access).

-- Parking at the VAMC next door is IMPOSIBLE. I've had easier parking at a concert in Chicago. Don't even think of parking here to go to the VARO as the security on duty will make sure you understand the parking rules.

-- I've not used the Atlanta VAMC (off topic, I know). I go to Augusta as this was where I was initially evaluated and have built relationships with key providers.

- Getting into the building is easy. The back of the building is adjacent to the parking garage. Immediately inside the doors is the security desk. Just think "I'm at the airport", and that's what you need to do to get through security. No knives, or anything that could be used or mistaken for a weapon is allowed. I'm sure this is true for all VAROs and VAMCs.

- Access to dropping and requesting copies is immediately behind the security area. It is also the main entrance to the DAV. (Hmmmmm.......) The lady at the desk was very nice, and provided me a stamped copy without even asking. It showed in eBenefits within a day or two as well.

- Their contribution to eBenefits stinks. For as much as we're in the digital age, I haven't seen any of the status change since May. They've added the letter stating my percentage and the amount I'm paid - why I don't know.

If any of you have had any different experience with this VARO, and can provide any insight as to how to get things done better, PLEASE let me know! I'm thinking of switching to the State VSO office, but I sent an email to the assigned rep last week and he's yet to respond. Seems typical for that office.

• HadIt.com Elder

Let's just say that my experience with the Atlanta VARO caused me to hire a lawyer.

The GA state Veteran's VSO's are OK for filing straightforward claims, and may catch obvious problems in such things as form 9's.

I've been dealing with the Atlanta VARO since 2004. In general, my experiences have been:

- Claims process is slow. I've had two decisions farmed out to the Huntington, W.Va. RO, both decisions were positive.

- VA Loans processors were great, courteous and efficient. Went through the rapid re-fi when offered, and it was a breeze.

- The VSO (DAV) at this office is extremely busy. I made an appointment with my VSO, and still had to wait.

- Parking is tight. Even though there is a parking garage behind the building, it takes forever to find a spot to part because a large portion seems to be for employees (unless you have handicap access).

-- Parking at the VAMC next door is IMPOSIBLE. I've had easier parking at a concert in Chicago. Don't even think of parking here to go to the VARO as the security on duty will make sure you understand the parking rules.

-- I've not used the Atlanta VAMC (off topic, I know). I go to Augusta as this was where I was initially evaluated and have built relationships with key providers.

- Getting into the building is easy. The back of the building is adjacent to the parking garage. Immediately inside the doors is the security desk. Just think "I'm at the airport", and that's what you need to do to get through security. No knives, or anything that could be used or mistaken for a weapon is allowed. I'm sure this is true for all VAROs and VAMCs.

- Access to dropping and requesting copies is immediately behind the security area. It is also the main entrance to the DAV. (Hmmmmm.......) The lady at the desk was very nice, and provided me a stamped copy without even asking. It showed in eBenefits within a day or two as well.

- Their contribution to eBenefits stinks. For as much as we're in the digital age, I haven't seen any of the status change since May. They've added the letter stating my percentage and the amount I'm paid - why I don't know.

If any of you have had any different experience with this VARO, and can provide any insight as to how to get things done better, PLEASE let me know! I'm thinking of switching to the State VSO office, but I sent an email to the assigned rep last week and he's yet to respond. Seems typical for that office.

I have been dealing with this office since may 1998. The first time i got an denial on everything. I appeal and then got a 10% percent. Started back using this office in 2006, so far everything has been farm out to Huntington, W.Virginia., I think this is good because it has also been postive for me.

Seems like everything is back-up in Atlanta. I am currently waiting on a claim decision since 9/2010, and c-file since 1/2011.

so, yes you could say I am disappointed in the Atlanta region office.

Reddit

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use