VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Georgia (Ga): Atlanta

I have been going to the Atlanta regional office since 2001. Bad experiences for the most part.

- I have had numerous claims forms misplaced, long waits and representative who have bad attitudes and rude.

- The DAV is hard to get ahold of in the regional office and never return my phone calls.

-- the only way I can get seen by the DAV is by being a walk-in

• 1 month later...

I have been going to the Atlanta regional office since 2001. Bad experiences for the most part.

- I have had numerous claims forms misplaced, long waits and representative who have bad attitudes and rude.

- The DAV is hard to get ahold of in the regional office and never return my phone calls.

-- the only way I can get seen by the DAV is by being a walk-in

I had the same experience. I switched to the GA State VSOs and they've been great. They even called me back in stead of sending a cryptic email. I don't think this added any speed to the process, but at least I was told what was going on. Still, the waits are incredible.

• 1 month later...

I filed with the Athens GA State VSO in May 2011. My packet was sent to AtlRO and sat there for three months. I had two exams in March and one about three wks ago.

I have never been to atlro. However I am not looking forward to it. I have seen news reports where vets show up to appts early but get seen hrs late the parking is terrible and last wk a vet was declared deceased while in fact he was still alive.

Well, is June 5 2012, Claim is still in Atlanta and waiting. It has been there since Sep 2010. Peggy(1800) said that it is one of those claims that sat for a year and then they touch it. It don't make sense. But I keep praying for a good outcome.

Reddit

The last claim they closed for me was dated 6/10/2010; closed on 3/27/2012. Still have appeals pending since 2008.

I had been calling my case manager and leaving messages weekly since my last exam May 11th. Today I called QTC and spoke to a rep she told me my case had been transfered to someone else. When I talked to her she told me my results had been sent back on June 4th. She said it's all done electronically. Which really makes me wonder....what in the world could they possibly be doing that they are backlogged so bad

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use