VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Georgia (Ga): Atlanta

ATLANTA RO:

claims accuracy 12 months 83.1%

claims 125days 66.6%

Average claims processing 324 days

Completed claims 3,323

• 3 months later...

Dealing with this office for my father's adaptive housing grant claim.

- To say they are slow is an understatement. It has taken aproximately a month on average to get a call back about anything.

- They are more than willing to help if you can come into the office on a regular basis, however we live around 4 hours southeast of Atl. The veteran in question has multiple disabilites that make that sort of trip nearly impossible (unless we want to consider getting an ambulance to transport him, and 8 hours in an ambulance would be severly damaging to anyones health and peace of mind imo)

- They have been unwilling to provide any sort of assistance to anyone not in a major city (Savannah, Macon, Augusta).

I'd handled everything to do with my father's claims up to this point. I've had to get assistance from our local DVA in regards to this. We were notified of my father's eligibility for this grant in Feb. 2012, and have yet to make any headway into being able to adapt the home we have for his use. (Multiple amputations, wheelchair bound. Severe mobility issues combined with a stroke.) Every time I managed to speak with our "caseworker" for this, I basically got told there was nothing else he could do but that he "sure hoped" that we would be able to make some headway soon. Frustrating doesn't even begin to describe my dealings with this office.

well welcome to the Veterans World in Atlanta, Slow is not the word for their service, more like "deny to you die" oh we didn't realized the vet needed our help so fast

My brother is 70 YO and has been denied on all his claims, now it is in Rep Sanford Bishop office. So now we wait awhile longer. Good luck to all who has to use Atlanta, for anything.

Edited by Hollis

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

So, after all the work and wonder of why a dependency claim was opened, I found out that the VA did not have one of my child's SSAN and other documents. He's been on my award since he was borne, but for some reason (6 years later) they said they didn't have what they needed. Within the last two weeks, I received phone calls from one of the VA employees (an actual person). She has been great! I emailed her scanned copies of the documents she said they needed and all should be good with the world. For the first time in 10 years, I will have no initial claims in the cue. Remanded issues, but no initial claims. She also answered some questions about the remanded issue, so we'll see what happens next. I just wanted all to know that there are employees there that are trying to get things done.

• 2 months later...

I've been dealing with the Atlanta Regional office since 2005, sorry to report that I believe this is one on the worst offices in the country. They are very rude and don't care. I've had a few people that work there told me that " they still get paid regardless" ...it's almost like you are begging them to do their job....favorable paperwork have been lost or over looked .. Even the simplest claims that were FDC ... Were botched up by this regional office.

Edited by DocNyger

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use