VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Indiana (In): Indianapolis

Wow, but I'm not surprised by the %! I've been battling that RO since 2005 and I have no idea if I can see an end in sight! My request for BVA has not even budged...the claim still sits at VARO awaiting an SSOC since 2009 and here we are getting to 2012. Wow, just wow, but there doesn't really seem to be too much of an oversight at that particular VARO. Sheesh, I wish they would either poopy, or get off the pot!!

Edited by Ethan'sGrandma

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! They are really trying to set the bar high heh. I have a claim that is now 365 days and have not received the first contact letter. All of the items claimed are either already SC or presumptives that have already been diagnosed by the VHA. It is dissappointing because I know that the majority of the VA administrative staff are SC veterans and new job openings have been posted as to only be filled by veterans or tenured civil service employees. You would think things would improve, but they seem to be getting worse. I hear they have terrible turnover so maybe they just have to keep training new staff. Still....Wow!

As I was informed the last time I visited the Indianapolis VARO - you are unfortunate to have a claim where there is such a large number of returning Gulf War OIF/OEF vets because of the large number of reserve units called up from the iNDIANA AREA. That has created a large number of vets with higher priority than a regular claim submittal.. The politicians made it this way and that is how the VA must adjudicate the claims. I know it is difficult to accept that you are not as "equal" as other vets...but that is the way it is. When you are standing in line for gov't benefits, you pretty much have to accept what you are given. I think Indy is moving faster now..

Good Luck - etcm

• 2 weeks later...

New info! DFAS paid a low 5-figure CRDP retro" amount on Jan 19th. The DFAS CRDP customer service help line(1-877-327-4457) indicated they performed the retired pay audit and forwarded their results to the VA (Indy regional office) on 19 JAN2012. The 1-800-827-1000 VA customer service rep said: about "45 days" for the VA to pay their portion of the retro. Its been 12 days so far....

• 3 months later...

Here is alittle info. I just got off the phone the 1800 number. Lets call him "snowball". I was checking on my claims that I have with the indianapolis VRO. It has been about 6 months and no movement. He informed me, that they are running about 572 on processing claims now. I was floored. I thought to myself. Jezzzzzzz the government can send us to combat at a moments notice (which I would do again if my country asked me). But when the veterns file a claim or ask for help. It takes 2 years to get any help.

Here is alittle info. I just got off the phone the 1800 number. Lets call him "snowball". I was checking on my claims that I have with the indianapolis VRO. It has been about 6 months and no movement. He informed me, that they are running about 572 on processing claims now. I was floored. I thought to myself. Jezzzzzzz the government can send us to combat at a moments notice (which I would do again if my country asked me). But when the veterns file a claim or ask for help. It takes 2 years to get any help.

Hey that would be fast, based on the fact my claim has been with the Houston RO for 854 days and still in "Gathering Evidence". Be thankful.

Papa

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use