VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Oregon (Or): Portland

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I transferred all my appeals and new claims to Oregon from San Diego... my new service officer says she does not know how they handle transfers, but says she will let the appeals process figure it out.. not one of my appeals had made it to the BVA yet after 5 years...

update:

BVA Portland Oregon still hasn't made a decision

09-16-19

Edited by retiredat44

Thanks for the reply, meghp0405

Looks like the 10 month average I have been told is way out of line! Last week a return call from IRIS "you should be receiving a letter any day now" although she could not see one was generated. She even told me that Portland, OR is right at a 10 month average on dependency claims and said other regionals are much slower. Possibly talking out her left ear, lol? Seems like a no brainer here. Been married 26 years. Probably not much more than a click on a computer and now a math problem to compute the back amount due. There is really no excuse for this. In my case, it isn't a huge factor in our monthly budget although it will be a relief once received. Younger families would be relying on this allowance to meet their needs! What a crock. When the representative from IRIS called, she told me that they were having issues with their computers and as she was not able to do her normal work, they had assigned them to return IRIS inquiries. (I do not know what her normal was nor do I know where she was located.)

I would like to know if there is anyone out there going through the Portland, OR RO and what experience they can share.

I am in your situation and am going through the Winston Salem VARO. They estimate a max wait of 14 months to complete! Could be more, could be less...nobody knows. This is UNACCEPTABLE for the VA to get away with this but up to now, that's been what's happening. Their answer is that they need to focus on the backlog and dependency claims are considered "non-rating" claims (not factored in in the backlog numbers) so we get put on the back burner. Last week they actually responded to an IRIS I submitted by telling me my VARO had accumulated 38,000 so called "non-rating" claims. It's a mess and I truly hope your claim gets resolved faster than mine. What a shame our politicians let them get away with this. It is numbers juggling and done at our expense! If this happened in the military some heads would roll because someone would be heald accountable. Instead, it's more likely that we'll wake up tomorrow to see some $$ being spent on a congressional inquiry over the suspension of the Duck Dynasty dude getting suspended!! Hang tough...good luck with your claim & let us know when you get it completed.

LC

Edited by Loose Cannon

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use