VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Texas (Tx): Houston

It is too bad these VARO specific rooms aren't used very much, they would be a great tool! Even a simple "roadmap", when filed, when completed, etc, would be a useful tool.

Regardless, my claim was filed in Sep '14, I filed for hardship on Dec 17th '14, and when I called Peggy two weeks ago, was told that "she" did not understand why they never responded to my hardship and that she had emailed them and I should get a reply that same afternoon or the very next day. That was two weeks ago, no response ever and I went to my first hearing for bankruptcy hearing this past Thursday. The only movement on my case is that it has now been farmed to Sioux Falls, SD. All my C&P,s were completed in early April thru IHS. From what I have read here and other places, this is most likely due to the volume of contentions and my 1600+ pages of primary SMRs, not including two medivacs to sister service facilities. I LOVE YOU VA!!!

The Monday Morning Workload reports (for May 25, 2015) dont bode well for Houston or Waco.

For example 44 percent of claims and 65.7 percent of appeals are over 125 days.

Waco has 38 percent of claims and 59.3 percent of appeals over 125 days.

These are nearly "bottom of the barrel" down there with Cleveland, who has 82% of their appeals over 125 days.

For comparison Buffalo RO has 30 percent of their appeals over 125 days.

Source: (VA website, Monday Morning reports)

http://benefits.va.gov/REPORTS/detailed_claims_data.asp

Texas and Cleveland are the "roach motel" of appeals...once your claim goes into Texas or Cleveland, it does not leave alive, but instead "swirls around" in cyberspace until you die.

Edited by broncovet

HELL waco has had my NOD for 2 years and not even a SOC. so just imagine how long it will take if it goes to appeals..

First we would have to rebutt thier SOC, and then they would send a SSC, then file another NOD, AND A FORM 9, and wait until they jack around with the claim pencil whipping the facts to make some sort of sense. THEN ship it to Appeals to get in line for possibly another 2 to 5 years..

Its pathetic...

Its all stall tactics.. the Govt just doesnt want to pay us.. They want to keep a static amount of funds being paid so that they have more control of the budget.. Ok from that budget that we do get, theres fleecing from private contractors and back room dealings... its a system of scabs, pus, and turds...

We should start a petition to abolish the VA and put the congress in charge of us.. an ELECTED official not a powerless appointed figurehead..

Regional directors should also be elected officials, by vets and spouses in thier region.. if they aint cuttin the mustard, shitcan them.. make it a 2 year term with one possible re election.

Does anybody know if the VARO in Houston was closed or had delays in opening because of all the May, 2015 flooding in the Houston area?

Mark

Does anybody know if the VARO in Houston was closed or had delays in opening because of all the May, 2015 flooding in the Houston area?

Mark

I am not sure. I am up between Austin and San Antonio, and we were slammed here. My neighbor's digital reader has us at over 30" this month...average for May is 4.3". I know they had some serious flooding down there as well.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use