VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Virginia (Va): Roanoke

• HadIt.com Elder

This topic was created to try to help veterans who use this regional office. It is designed to offer a way for them to possibly help each other or band together to possibly get services improved.

When commenting in this topic, please try to do so constructively.

1. Mention reason for interacting with this regional office;

2. Give your pro/con on this interaction;

3. Without betraying private information, try to offer information or warnings that might be helpful to others when dealing with this office.

4. Please do not give names, phone numbers or addresses of specific persons at this office. If you do so, the post will be deleted.

• 4 months later...

The office has moved to jefferson ave due to renovation !!!!

This topic was created to try to help veterans who use this regional office. It is designed to offer a way for them to possibly help each other or band together to possibly get services improved.

When commenting in this topic, please try to do so constructively.

1. Mention reason for interacting with this regional office;

2. Give your pro/con on this interaction;

3. Without betraying private information, try to offer information or warnings that might be helpful to others when dealing with this office.

4. Please do not give names, phone numbers or addresses of specific persons at this office. If you do so, the post will be deleted.

• 1 year later...

First for thoses vets that don't know the way to the relocated it's right behind the Hotel Roanoke, if you come at it from the other way you'll run into a map of Virginia by the train station you'll find it at the corner of jefferson and wells.

Now with that out of the way, Time for a little rant! When I first started this forum I kinda felt alot of you were hateful and bitter, But little me to judge them who have blased the path through the wilderness know as the VAROs. I have only been dealing with them since 2010 on a serious basis, back in 1981 I wanted nothing to do with it so whatever they said was alright with me, In 2005 took 4 mos. for an increase. Now since 2010 been in collecting dust phase and lines of communication I thought had broken down due to the remodel move had in fact never been there in the first place.

First about the SALEM VAMC ONLY that I KNOW of is one of the greatest medical facility I have ever used, Been going there for ywo years now.

Now for the VARO in Roanoke Va. Between the VARO it self, the VSO, and the 1-800# I feel it's a mixed bag of not careing, under trained, and misinformation. To start with on Nov. 3, 2010 I called the 1-800# and asked to start a re-eval increase on my Rt. knee, and a re-open on my Lt. knee & shoulder, and back. I was told they needed to be seperate claims and I said fine. Arounded the first of Dec. I got the paperwork on my Rt knee increased eval, and thought the other re-opened claims would follow shortly. After Christmas no show so about the 30th I re-called the 1-800# and was told there was only the increased eval on the Rt. knee, So I asked them to please do the others, about Apr. 2011 they finally came. Then the VARO kept sending me info request pkg w/ 4142's, 4138, VCAA, And list of info needed, once 2010, 2x 2011 and 2x 2012. Apr & may 2011 letter to apologize for the delay then again in 2012 in Apr,. Every time I contacted my VSO I was told they had everything they needed just be paient 11X. In 2011 one time hand carried info and was told by man setting at front I needed to leave with him, then again in 2012 Nov. I hand carried and insisted to hand to claims agent, had to wait for 45mins (I figured time to get and review my file) then a man came from back and I don't remember him telling his name took me to a cubby with an empty desk OMG no file either. He asked me what he could do for me, a few mins after I started talking he excused himself and when he came back (no sorry still no file) he had a blank 4138 which he started listing everything I told him I encluded in the file (hope I didn't forget anything (nope just kidding I did it so many times I put toghther files in my sleep) date stamped it and thanked me for bring the info I asked him if the offices he sent the 4142's to didn't respond could I go pick up the info and bring iit in, he said no that would take longer to verify than to get it them selves( I should have smelled a rat but my nose was clogged)and shuffeled me to the door.

So after having a little time to think about it I grab the phone and call my VSO to find him gone and another dude fielding the outfield and he told me the man I saw at the VARO was wrong I could bring them to him and he'd fax them to the VARO which would speed up the process, I looked on the 4138 the VARO rep did looking for a name and OMG What do you think, yea no name. My VSO said he would look into it and get back that was Thur. Sat. I got a letter in the mail from the VARO stating this was a 2nd notice for my 4142's so Mon first thing I call the offices where they were sent two said couldn't get it to fax the # they gave so I'm picking them up, However the Hospital files come from richmond a 12 hr drive round trip and that's the one they sent my 2nd signed 4142 Dated Apr. 14, 2011 so they will not release until new 4142 comes!

So the moto of the story is kids get names even if you don't think you will need them

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use