VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cymbalta

Rate this topic

My psych started me on Cymbalta 4 days ago for depression and insomnia and I feel really strange and tired. My head feels like it's in the clouds. I stopped taking them today and am going to call her in the morning about it. Maybe change to something else. I was wondering if any of you folks had any bad side effects from it, and tried something better?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never used that before but I have used and continue to use welbutrin and for me it works ok and the side effects are tolerable. It's going to be a trial and error to find something that works for you. Hope you find something that works.

Thanks for the reply Kim. I'll write that down and see what she thinks of it. I think the Cymbalta depressed me even more. It also effected my eye's, everything was blurry, but it said that was one of the side effects. Somebody mentioned Savella (not sure if thats the right spelling) used by people with Fibro that depressed caused of the pain.

• HadIt.com Elder

Many meds have side affects that become acceptable after a few days or weeks. If it is a concern you should call your clinic and ask Doc to call you.

Good Luck

• HadIt.com Elder

A drug side effect that causes vision problems is usually of cause for serious concern. It can be an indication that the drug is not suitable.

Thanks for the reply Kim. I'll write that down and see what she thinks of it. I think the Cymbalta depressed me even more. It also effected my eye's, everything was blurry, but it said that was one of the side effects. Somebody mentioned Savella (not sure if thats the right spelling) used by people with Fibro that depressed caused of the pain.

I've been on 40mg of Celexa from the VA since 2008. I'm still deeply depressed, but they never suggest a different medication. They did try to get me to take Abilify, but the side effects are terrifying to me - my civilian psychiatrist told me that the permanent facial tics don't show up until AFTER you stop taking it.

Weird that the VA shrinks never suggest anything else.