VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Lost My Forms

Rate this question

OLDDUDE63

Question

I filed a claim in March 2011. I signed forms for the doctor to release my medical records to the VA. The VA just told me that they have not yet been sent my records. I called my doctor to ask why they have not sent my records yet. The doctor said they did not get a request for my records.I will now get the records myself, and send them to the VA myself .This cost me 2 whole months on my claim.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Same exact thing happened to me. My provider said they never received the request either. When I asked for the copies the provider said it would take 30 days to print them out! I told them I don't think the VA is going to wait that long. I received the copies in 10 minutes. lol

I filed in 04/10, they did not ask for the doctor's release until 08/10 and va did not ask my doctor's until 12/10. You talk about a piss off vet, But I learn one thing! Call call call and call! And when you take a break, call again. Oh one thing else, be nice, very nice!

Do people find something wrong with getting their private medical records and submitting them your self.

That's what I do and it has not caused me any problems.

They have always been factored into the adjudication of my claim issues.

JMHO

Do people find something wrong with getting their private medical records and submitting them your self.

That's what I do and it has not caused me any problems.

They have always been factored into the adjudication of my claim issues.

I totally agree. It may cost you upfront, but could definitely pay off quicker in the end

JMHO

Carlie -

I do the same thing. I've had the same Primary Care physician (private doctor) for years, and he's also a Veteran. He knows what I'm asking for, how to write an IMO, (was actually congratulated by the QTC doc for the last one he wrote for me) and always provides records when I walk in.

Another note, VAMC in Augusta has lost my clothing allowance request 3 times this year, and I won't be able to get back there before the end of the month. Sent it certified receipt this time!