VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Lost My Forms

Rate this question

OLDDUDE63

Question

I filed a claim in March 2011. I signed forms for the doctor to release my medical records to the VA. The VA just told me that they have not yet been sent my records. I called my doctor to ask why they have not sent my records yet. The doctor said they did not get a request for my records.I will now get the records myself, and send them to the VA myself .This cost me 2 whole months on my claim.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

In the past, both the VA and SSA accepted a copy of medical records, then turned around and asked for release forms to obtain the same information from the original sources.

Problems arose when the source did not respond, or furnished less than complete records. The VA in particular seemed to use the incomplete records, and ignore the more complete ones.

What has changed? I suspect that since turn around times became of concern, the VA and possibly SSA has made some internal decisions that simplify things a bit by relying more on the applicant's submitted information and records.

Edited by Chuck75

Carlie, your right! If I had to do it over. I would go to all the Doctor's office and bring my copy paper(start copying). It would been faster. They play game's or they might be busy, or under staff.