VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Agent Orange- Ihd- Aneurysm

Rate this question

RDT

Question

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I also have a question, having BA is not a joke. Its been 4 months now since I was diagnosed of BA. At first I thought I have severe migraine, but it was wrong.  I've been taking my maintenance for 4 months but it doesn't work at all. So, I am making my own research about herbal and when I came across this article http://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/face-off-og/, says it can heal severe pain like I'm experiencing now and it is much less expensive compared to what I have now. Does anyone had tried this? I appreciate any kinds of advice.

What type 0f aneurism is it?

This is a long read and the vet was denied for higher aortic aneurism but gets 60% for it.

http://www.va.gov/vetapp10/Files6/1046376.txt

This concerns me:

I have 10% for Peripheral Neuropathy

10% for CAD

10% for Hypertension

What do they attribute the PN to?

Are these disabilities stemming directly from your service (as compared to any presumptive disability?)

How old is that rating for everything?

Has any doctor explained to you what has caused this aneurism?

Have you had any recent ECHO done?

If it is an aortic aneurism ,the first line of this study might help get it service connected as secondary to the CAD.

Still this will surely need a strong medical opinion too but this is possible.

Also it is possible, per this article from Mayo clinic

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/high-blood-pressure/HI00062

that your SC hypertension could have been a factor in causing the aneurism.

I am not a doctor but feel you should definitely file the claim and ask them for increase in rating for the CAD and the HBP as if either one (I would claim both as cause of this) caused this, it is a secondary condition that would warrant either higher CAD rating or separate rating for the aneurism.

Aneurisms can be treated successfully in many cases so that too would influence any rating.

This will take medical evidence of the link from your SC CAD and/or HBPto the aneurism but this is possible and might even be determined already in your clinical records by your treating doctor.

Edited by Berta

I went back to an older post you had here:

"Would not Nehmir and Agent Orange be a seperate claim as I had filed back in 2000 for CAD & Heart Disease."

Nehmer would only kick in if you had been denied a claim prior to the date of the CAD award you got and,in fact, the award was for ischemic heart disease which I am assuming here is what you have.

"My Doctors report shows Unstable Angina

Coronary Artery Disease

S/P Bypass graft

Mixed Hyperlipidema

Hypertension

Injection Fraction of 52%

Heart attack in July 4th 1998 with a five way bypass

Heart attack in 2009 and in Mather Hospital for 4 days.

They have ordered another C& P by a NPT for January 7, 2011."

Can you scan and post here the results of the C & P of Jan 2011?(cover personal stuff)

How did you file the present claim?

as to the wording of it.....

I am assuming the bypass surgery was due to atherosclerosis (plaque )? and the hyperlipedimia

Did the C & P exam of Jan 2011 reveal an Ejection fraction different from the 52%?

Hello Berta,

The reports state the following;

The patient has an LV ejection fraction measured at 50%

Stress test results (METs) 3-5 gets chest pressure make him stop walking after 1/2 block

Diagnosis: Coronary Artery Disease with MI & CABG x 5v in 1998. has dizziness, has unstable angina, and

has chronic daily chest pressure sometimes must take nitro 2 times then gets bad headaches from it.

The Doctor also tested for ED and tied that to my CAD and nitro in the report.

I just had testing on my aneurism and it grew from a .3 to a .4

They said the aneurism was incorporated with my CAD and tied to Agent Orange.

All my disabilites were awarded tied to Agent Orange and PTSD

I do have a claim in with Nehmir and sent them what records I have. They have requested my C file and they are waiting for it to be released.

My wife did file a claim in 2000 for CAD which has a date stamp on it, and a letter from the VA stating that they would provide medical care for my disabilites

no letter of award for disability on CAD.

Might be in the C file

IRIS responds;

NOD on April 22,2009 for P&T

NOD November 24,2009 for arteriosclerotic heart disease and hypertensive vascular disease

NOD November 5, 2010 for SMC

Thanks for all the information and help. Everyone is a blessing.