VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Guardian Alert 911

Rate this question

bluehen2859

Question

Last week I received a Guardian Alert from the Birmingham, AL VA and I'm wondering if anyone else has received one. I have not received a letter or any information from my doctor regarding the Guardian Alert.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

It must be broncovet,

I never knew they had these?  good for veterans prone for falls.  I helped a veteran last week at the VAMC  He suddenly took a fall right in front of me   he was ok   although I was in a wheel chair because of  Plantar Fasciitis On my left Heel,  I stood up and helped him up  I just can't walk on my left heel.....yet

Edited by Buck52

• Founder

I don't have the guardian alert but I do have an Apple Watch and I am happy to report the fall detection works, I took a pretty hard fall the other day and the Apple Watch immediately knew from there you can tell it your ok or you can have it call you contact or 911 and if you don't respond in a certain amount of time it will send an ambulance to you. That was the coolest thing about my fall. I got my Apple Watch as a gift and it's been great.

• HadIt.com Elder

Ms. Tbird, I wouldn't be punishing your body in order to find out if your new widget works or not. Not cool!

• HadIt.com Elder

My wife uses one; makes her feel more secure. If you happen to push the button mistakenly, they call to check on you tight a way. It is worth the money even if the VA doesn't pay for it. IMO