VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ils Taking A Long Time

Rate this question

maine1963

Question

Going on for quite some time now, I am still awaiting a decision on the items that my counselor and I agreed I should have. I am 100% PT and could really use these things for a better way of daily living.

Is is normal to take 8 months plus?

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

OK,

An apology needed on my part! I just went through some of the older Posts on the ILP... I am educated now, to a degree, as to the likely hood that this whole process can take quite some time! My counselor has stated to me that there is a series (chain of command) of steps that my claim(s) have to make along the way to being approved. I asked how many... he said, "Not really sure, but quite a few levels of management"!

Perhaps I need a Congressional Inquiry, I know it can't hurt... Wish I could just take faith in the system! ha ha ha

At what point have you signed a plan that was agreed upon by you and the counselor, and has that plan been signed by any VR&E Division Chief's????

Once there is a plan, the items on there are already approved and the counselor can begin procuring items for you, either from their purchasing clerk, or with a vredit card they are supposed to have. Now, I know that not all counselors have a credit card, like mine, so it was authorized that I went and purchased the items myself, then got reimbursed. It was faster and easier for me, but I think it was not the correct way because they have now put a stop to that practice.

• HadIt.com Elder

I started mine over three years ago but have reached point where the Councilor has agreed to do what was recommended. Course this is the third Councilor now.

Be patient and actually the more time invested the better the deal in my opinion.

I have recommendations for a Temperpedic Bed, bathroom remodel and possibly a new central air conditioner. In case I need an argument I have medical conditions that the replacement of 1996 A/C would justify but I do not understand if service connection for these conditions are necessary.

I am service connected 30% for flat feet, 0% for tendinitis and 100% for panic disorder with agoraphobia. I also have CAD, Diabetes Melitus Type 2, Asthma, bronchitis with VA prescriptions of albuterol and also allergy meds.

I am planning to comment on the evaluation to show that my conditions would be better if they do the a/c.

Pete

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete

Your post gives me hope. I asked them for a guitar and some lessons years ago. They made it into a federal case. I just told them to shove it and went and bought it myself. They wanted me to prove by medical evidence the quitar and lessons would benefit my disabilies. I thought it would be obvious since I was P&T.

I just received notice that my items have preliminary approval and have meeting with my counselor on Monday... perhaps they read these boards?? lol

Will keep you posted/

Greg

Shoot let's hope.

Make sure and ask how the items will be obtained? I started with purchasing the items and then getting reimbursed. As of last week though they changed their tune and said I could no longer do that. I told them at the very beginning they were supposed to have a credit card for purchases whether they met me at a store, ordered on line, or gave the number over the phone. I think they may have actually got caught with their pants down around their ankles.

Anyone with back problems? Besides the bed ask for a memory foam topper (nice) and a Zero Gravity chair. My chair has been ordered and those things are nice. More than a recliner and more comfortable than anything I have ever set in.