VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Reduction From 100% To 20%

Rate this topic

evandc

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Kelly,

The good news is that the money is on the first page at the bottom. My big eyes went to the money amount & after that I didn't care how they got there.

Don

evandc, I just enjoy it when someone ie Berta, breaks it all down for us all to read and understand the complexity of what you get and how you get and why you get it but most of all because YOU DO GET IT NOW! Yippe!!

Yes-I agree with you -the decision seems to be correct as your prostate cancer residuals are so low. This is very good news in that respect.

We get many SMC questions ere -so many that I feel SMCed to death!

But your ratings show exactly how the S award comes into play and also the K award.

100% (70% PTSD, 30% TDIU) (ONE independent disability rated at 70 but then TDIU- 100%)(Bradley V Peake)

60% IHD/AO Exposure the second disability that is separate medically from the first one andat 60% triggers SMC S

20% Prostate Cancer/AO Exposure residual rating

SMC "S" due to 100 plus 60

SMC "K" due to the 20 Prostate condition. (K does not depend on the actual rating for disability that caused this type of K award)

It is a good template for potential SMCers to interpret.

Congratulations! I've just submitted a claim for a similar condition, and am awating the exam, etc...

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use