VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

If I'm Not Satisfied With My Health Care, Whom Do I Contact

If I'm not satisfied with my health care, whom do I contact?

Published 11/16/2004 12:02 PM | Updated 03/01/2011 04:11 PMIf I am not satisfied with some aspect of my care, whom do I contact?VA supports your right to present concerns, unmet needs, or complaints to us without fear of reprisal or having your access to care compromised. A Patient Advocacy Program is in place at each VA health care facility to ensure that your concerns are addressed in a convenient and timely manner.

Patient Advocates are highly trained professionals who help resolve your concerns about any aspect of your health care experience, particularly those concerns that cannot be resolved at the point of care. Each Patient Advocate is empowered to ensure that you receive the maximum benefits you are entitled to by law.

Patient Advocates act as VA representatives to listen to any questions, problems, or special needs you may have. They will refer your concerns to the appropriate Medical Center staff for resolution and act on your behalf to assist in explaining your point of view. Patient Advocates can be reached through the nursing or support staff in any clinical area.

I'm dissatisfied with my Patient Advocate contact; what is the next step for resolving my concern?

Published 11/16/2004 12:06 PM | Updated 03/01/2011 04:12 PMIf I am not satisfied with the outcome of my contact with a Patient Advocate, what is the next step for resolving my concern?We try to resolve your concern at the lowest possible level for your convenience. However, if you are not satisfied with the outcome of your contact with the Patient Advocate, you may contact the Director of the involved VA facility. The preferred method of contact is a written document outlining your concerns in detail. This will allow the Director to assess your concerns and make a final decision. The decision will be provided by phone or in writing.

If you are not satisfied with the assistance provided by the medical facility Director, you may contact the VISN Director in writing.

You also have the right to appeal decisions made by a VA medical facility to the Board of Veterans

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic