VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Favorable C&p

Rate this question

baca

Question

I had a C&P exam on March 17. In April I got a call from the VARO asking for more info on my wife and Son. They guy told me I was approved at 100% and my wife and Son would get chapter35 education benefits. I picked up my C&P this wk. the doc said it was as least as likely my current condition was service connected to my current disability. I wish they would hurry up so I could get on with my life. Why does this take so long? I waited 2.5yrs for SSDI. I want to move before my Son starts school. I noticed the C&P had to be approved by someone else. Funny thing is a doctor wrote the report and a RN nurse approved the report. Nothing against nurses but who has more education? Doesn't the VA not trust their own doctors? Anyway I just want to move on. I was disapproved the 1st time with no C&P exam. I guess the were hoping I would give up and they would save money.

Edited by baca

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

guess i'm a little confused as to why regional would call you in april and indicate you were 100 percent and yet by the end of june, you hadn't received official notification. i know it can take awhile from when the rating board makes it decesion to the time you get the notification. maybe, it has been awhile since my last claim and that things are taking much longer.

guess i'm a little confused as to why regional would call you in april and indicate you were 100 percent and yet by the end of june, you hadn't received official notification. i know it can take awhile from when the rating board makes it decesion to the time you get the notification. maybe, it has been awhile since my last claim and that things are taking much longer.

Money is in the bank. I can finally relax. I was afraid they changed their minds.

Its also nice to know "no more exams"!

Thats right cooter. I'm getting old and it seems like a game the goverment plays. I don't think at my age I can go back to work. The meds I take can cause bad side effects. I hope my wife can go to school and get a good job before I'm gone. My son is 8yrs old and I worry about him.

baca,

Did the decision mention no future exams, or Chapter 35 benefits, or P&T ?

If yes, be sure to look into any additional state benefits you and/or the family

might be eligible for.

Also, you wife/son might be eligible for educational benefits.

Also, check out the SVDI life insurance for you and the premiums

should be waived.

baca,

Did the decision mention no future exams, or Chapter 35 benefits, or P&T ?

If yes, be sure to look into any additional state benefits you and/or the family

might be eligible for.

Also, you wife/son might be eligible for educational benefits.

Also, check out the SVDI life insurance for you and the premiums

should be waived.

Carlie they told me on the phone in April I would get 100% and chapter 35 benefits for my wife and son. I can handle my own money too. I was already on SSDI but my wife is my payee. I might try to get that changed. I havn't got my papper work yet I was out of town last wk. and had the post office hold my mail until monday.