VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Denial Of Smc-K, Svc Connected For Ed Already

Rate this topic

Well, when VA send my compensation for AO. 100% for PC and 100% cancer of the lymph nodes, but gave me 0% ED associated with prostate cancer with residual prostatectomy scar and after radiation. There is no erection no nothing, which I can live with. Like you Brokensoldier244th me and wife look for direction's to help. I know they gave me SMC of $96.00 for creative organ WOW that really make's up for it. Then you put the drugs on top of that. What was VA thinking, it's bull ____! ED should be 100% and of course I will appeal!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose the 'upside' is that my wife and I have been able to experiment a bit with other things, so emotionally we are okay. I just wish I didnt have to fight with VA over something so simple as this.

CAS

Well, when VA send my compensation for AO. 100% for PC and 100% cancer of the lymph nodes, but gave me 0% ED associated with prostate cancer with residual prostatectomy scar and after radiation. There is no erection no nothing, which I can live with. Like you Brokensoldier244th me and wife look for direction's to help. I know they gave me SMC of $96.00 for creative organ WOW that really make's up for it. Then you put the drugs on top of that. What was VA thinking, it's bull ____! ED should be 100% and of course I will appeal!

I suppose the 'upside' is that my wife and I have been able to experiment a bit with other things, so emotionally we are okay. I just wish I didnt have to fight with VA over something so simple as this.

CAS

Thanks for your service, and GOD bless!

• HadIt.com Elder

Am I missing something here??? Why do you feel ED should be 100%????????

pr

Am I missing something here??? Why do you feel ED should be 100%????????

pr

My question to that is thru out this forum we talk all the different thing that cause by AO. If PN is secondary to DMII . IHD is secondary DMII and I get % to the DMII. Now lets think about Prostate cancer and they remove your prostate. You have no muscle mass and NON erection which is ED secondary to Prostate cancer. My Question I loss all use because of AO to PC. Maybe you can have erection and it not that important! Sorry i'm miss somthing down there!:sad:

• HadIt.com Elder

I'm still not understanding why you feel ED should be rated 100%?? Ratings are based on the loss of income they may cause. If you've had your prostate removed you should get an SMC "k" award, because ED is the result of the prostate removal. I know of no jobs that ED can interfere(sp) with, unless you are a male prostitute and that's illegal, in most places. I have ED secondary to PTSD and DM-II. I now get the the $97 "k" award, myself. Sorry, I'm just not understanding the 100% thing. Thanks!

pr

My question to that is thru out this forum we talk all the different thing that cause by AO. If PN is secondary to DMII . IHD is secondary DMII and I get % to the DMII. Now lets think about Prostate cancer and they remove your prostate. You have no muscle mass and NON erection which is ED secondary to Prostate cancer. My Question I loss all use because of AO to PC. Maybe you can have erection and it not that important! Sorry i'm miss somthing down there!:sad: