• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Advertisemnt

• Trouble Remembering? This helped me.

I have memory problems and as some of you may know I highly recommend Evernote and have for years. Though I've found that writing helps me remember more. I ran across Tom's videos on youtube, I'm a bit geeky and I also use an IPad so if you take notes on your IPad or you are thinking of going paperless check it out. I'm really happy with it, I use it with a program called Noteshelf 2.

Click here to purchase your digital journal. HadIt.com receives a commission on each purchase.

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sign in to follow this  
carlie

Bva Appeals - Basic Info

Question

This is a copy and paste from ebenefits.

1. How do I appeal to BVA?

In order to appeal to BVA, you must complete certain steps within designated time periods.

BVA’s How Do I Appeal? Pamphlet will guide you through these steps and the appeals process.

2. I do not have a representative helping me with my appeal. How do I find one?

Although it is not required, you may decide to be represented by an accredited Veterans Service Organization (VSO), attorney, or claims agent. To help you find one, VA has a searchable list of accredited representatives here. You may also find a contact list of VSOs online at: http://www.va.gov/vso. To choose any representative, you must execute a Power of Attorney and mail the completed form to BVA at: Board of Veterans’ Appeals, 810 Vermont Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20420.

3. What is a Power of Attorney?

A Power of Attorney (POA) is an agreement that authorizes one person to act on behalf of another person. In the context of BVA proceedings, appellants often execute a POA with an accredited representative, such as a Veterans Service Organization (VSO), private attorney, or claims agent. This allows the representative, who is familiar with Veterans law and the VA claims/appeals process, to act on their behalf by submitting evidence and argument in support of the case. For a searchable list of accredited representatives, please click here.

You are not required to have a representative for any VA proceedings, to include BVA appeals, but if you would like one, you must submit a VA form that gives your designated representative the authority to act on your behalf. Click here to view and download the VA form to appoint a VSO, or click here for the VA form to appoint a non-VSO representative, such as a private attorney or claims agent. If you do decide to execute a POA, remember to submit the completed form to BVA by mail to: Board of Veterans’ Appeals, 810 Vermont Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20420, or by fax to (202) 565-4720.

4. Is a Power of Attorney required?

No. You can always represent yourself before VA, including in your appeal before BVA.

5. Do I need to have a BVA hearing?

No. BVA hearings are strictly optional in nature and are not required for a Veterans Law Judge to decide your appeal.

6. I have additional evidence to send to BVA. Where do I send it?

If you would like to send additional evidence or other correspondence to BVA, you may mail it to us at: Board of Veterans’ Appeals, 810 Vermont Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20420 or fax it to (202) 565-4720. Please consider providing a waiver of initial consideration of any evidence you send.

7. What is a waiver of initial consideration of evidence by a local VA office?

By law, you have the right to have the local VA office conduct an initial review of any new evidence submitted in your case, even if the case is with BVA and the evidence has been submitted directly to BVA. See 38 C.F.R. § 20.1304©. If you provide a waiver of this right, then you agree to let BVA consider the new evidence and issue a decision without your local VA office reviewing that evidence first. Alternatively, if you chose not to waive this right, BVA must then automatically remand your appeal (i.e., send your appeal back to your local VA office) so that office can conduct an initial review of the new evidence and issue a new decision. If you choose to waive initial review by the local VA office, you must submit a statement to this effect in writing with the evidence to: Board of Veterans’ Appeals, 810 Vermont Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20420, or fax to (202) 565-4720. You may also waive this right on the record at a BVA hearing, if you have one.

8. What is a docket number and how does it affect my appeal?

A docket number reserves your place in the line of cases to be decided by BVA. BVA assigns this number to your case based on the date VA received your substantive appeal to BVA (e.g., your VA Form 9). By law, BVA must consider appeals in the order in which they are entered on the docket.

9. Can I request that my appeal be advanced on BVA’s docket so it will be decided faster?

Yes. You may submit a request that BVA decide your appeal faster, and BVA has the authority to grant such a request in limited circumstances, to include if you are of advanced age (75 years or older), have financial hardship or a serious illness, or for other sufficient cause. See 38 C.F.R. § 20.900©. If you want to make a request to advance your case, you (or your representative, if you have one) must do so in writing, and you must include the following information: (1) identify the specific reason(s) why you seek advancement; (2) the name of the Veteran; (3) the name of the appellant, if other than the Veteran (i.e., a Veteran’s survivor, guardian, or fiduciary); and (4) the applicable VA file number. You (or your representative, if any) must send your written request to: Director, Management, Planning and Analysis (014), Board of Veterans’ Appeals, 810 Vermont Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20420.

10. What is a remand?

A remand from BVA to your local VA office sends your case back to that office with certain instructions for the office to follow. In any remanded case, BVA has made a determination that it cannot fully or fairly adjudicate your appeal until the local VA office performs the actions outlined in the remand instructions. BVA may remand a case for a variety of reasons. These can include: collecting additional information or records, providing a VA medical examination, or ensuring that the local VA office follows certain legal procedures that afford you due process. If any action is required on your part, you will be notified directly by mail. After your local VA office complies with the instructions, your appeal will be automatically returned to BVA.

11. My case has been transferred to another location (such as, the Regional Office (RO), Appeals Management Center (AMC), VA Medical Center (VAMC), VA Office of General Counsel (OGC), or National Cemetery Administration (NCA)). What happens now?

When BVA transfers your case to any of the above locations, it means that additional processing or other action must occur at that location. Accordingly, if you have questions about your case, please contact the specific location where your case has been transferred.

12. Can I appeal a decision made by BVA?

Yes. If you are not satisfied with a BVA decision on any or all issues that the Board allowed, denied, or dismissed, you have the following options, which are listed in no particular order of importance: appeal to the United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims (Court); file with the Board a motion for reconsideration of the decision; file with the Board a motion to vacate the decision; file with the Board a motion for revision of the decision based on clear and unmistakable error. For additional information and further details about these options, please consult the VA Form 4597 that accompanied the BVA decision on your case. Please also note that if the Board remanded an issue (or issues) in your case, that particular issue is not appealable because further action must be taken by the local VA office before BVA can issue a final, appealable, decision on that issue.

13. What is a BVA Ombudsman and what does an Ombudsman do?

A BVA Ombudsman is an employee of BVA who helps to answer questions that you may have about your case. To learn more about the Ombudsman and the services provided, click here. You may reach the BVA Status line at (800) 923-8387, Monday through Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (EST).

There are six basic phases of an appeal:

• Appeal Pending: You have initiated an appeal, but at this point your case is still with the local VA office that made the decision on your case. If you have questions about your appeal, please contact that office or your representative, if you have one.
  • Administrative Case Processing: After BVA receives your case, it is processed and stored in a secure location until it is assigned to a Veterans Law Judge (VLJ) based on your docket number, which identifies your place in the line of cases to be decided by BVA.
  • With VSO:This indicates that your Veterans Service Organization (VSO) representative has your claims file for review.
  • With VLJ:This indicates that a Veterans Law Judge has your claims file and will take appropriate action on your appeal.
  • Pending Dispatch:This indicates that the Veterans Law Judge made a decision on your appeal, and that BVA will mail the decision to you soon.
  • Decision & Claims File Dispatch:This indicates that BVA mailed the decision to you (and your representative, if any) and transferred your case to another location. Please refer to your Appeal Detail screen for further information about the specific location of your case.

• Like 1

Carlie

What is the drill when CAVC remands a claim back to the BVA to correct errors the BVA made in the decision denial? CAVC said on their website the case was remanded, but I have no idea how to track it or time frames. My lawyer does not want me taking to the BVA except through him. When I talked to the lawyer he said it was remanded and that was it. I have no tracking number unless it is the old case number before it went to the CAVC. If I go to the BVA site there is no record of the claim at all. I know I am going to just have to wait. BVA made a dumb mistake by using the wrong rating schedule in their denial. Now it goes back to them so they can deny it again (CUE)with the right schedule. I am getting older! The remand is supposed to be expedited so does that mean two years instead of five? I am going to end up like everyone else waiting ten years on a claim. No wonder lawyers are not that anxious to take difficult cases. My case is not difficult but the VA just does not want to pay 30 years of retro.

John,

I usually agree it is best to follow the instruction of whom ever we have hired/delegated

our legal issues to BUT, in your case I can see no harm/foul at all in your contacting the

BVA Ombudsman's Office to see if they can provide you with any status/update on their

portion, that was remanded to them from the CAVC.

I would definitely make the call, knowing I may not find out anything at all - but this is your decision

to make.

JMHO

I agree with Carlie. Of course, your lawyer does not want you contacting the BVA/VA/CAVC...you may state something in conflict with documents he submitted, and make him look very bad.

My recommendation would be to first recontact your attorney, and to ask him for specifics...what was the purpose of the remand, etc, and that you would like a copy of said remand.

Regardless of what the attorney says, I would still contact the Ombudsman and ask for a "status of claim", being carefull not to reveal anything other than your name, ssn, birthdate, etc, so as to identify yourself. Dont discuss your claim with the ombudsman..just ask for the status. I also think it would be fine to ask for a copy of any recent decision or other related documents.

While you do need to trust your attorney's judgement, someone suggested "Trust and Verify".

You should get a similar story from the Ombudsman and your attorney, (tho from a very different perspective) but if their versions conflict then you should get to the bottom of the conflict, by simply asking "What gives?"

Hi..I am vietnam vet..with 2nd bn 5th marines at an hoa dec 1966-jan 1967..wounded in jan 26 1967..am service connected for ptsd an agent orange..i am 100% permanet/total..had qudrupal bypass in 2000..thru vet exchange was told to file for the heart condition..high blood pressure..was denied in 2004...just rec letter from san diego dept vet affairs now that my condition is service connected but will not get any increase in monthly comp..my question is am i wasting my time to appeal this if already 100% p/t..thanks for any info and your great work on this site..many thanks..mike domozick

It looks like you are 100% SC'd, plus any heart related condition. If the heart condition(s) total 60% or more, you should be thinking about filing for an SMC rating.

You should talk to your lawyer. The letter from the VA you refer to was likely a result of the VA reviewing your case and previous denial, due to the Nehmer court order.

It's possible that a good lawyer can get the VA to do what they should have done (by law)

Hi..I am vietnam vet..with 2nd bn 5th marines at an hoa dec 1966-jan 1967..wounded in jan 26 1967..am service connected for ptsd an agent orange..i am 100% permanet/total..had qudrupal bypass in 2000..thru vet exchange was told to file for the heart condition..high blood pressure..was denied in 2004...just rec letter from san diego dept vet affairs now that my condition is service connected but will not get any increase in monthly comp..my question is am i wasting my time to appeal this if already 100% p/t..thanks for any info and your great work on this site..many thanks..mike domozick

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By pyrotaz
      I met with a VSO on Feb 8th 2019 and started my MST/PTSD claim. To be totally honest I am scared to death. The incidents happened during my Navy duty 88-89. I had hid it from everyone including my wife until this past December. I had went to a VSO  to talk about other claims when it slipped out and I was offered help to form a claim.  We filed an intent to claim in Dec 2018. She suggested I talk with my wife and make an appointment with my doctor. After sitting and having a very emotional talk with my wife and with her support I made an appointment with my personal doctor. I am very lucky to have a great doctor who sat with me and after many tears I was able to explain in detail what had happened. He diagnosed me with extreme anxiety mostly when dealing with other Males ( Authority Figures or when confronted), and PTSD/MST and prescribed an anxiety as needed.
      What we submitted:
      A two page statement from me ( Timeline form) A statement from my wife A statement from from my 20 yr old son detailing my issues with examples of my issues with male authority figures  A Nexus statement from my Doctor saying he feels that my anxiety and PTSD is definitely caused by what happened while I served. The VSO said that it was the best written Nexus statement she has ever seen  in her 10 years in doing Veteran claims.  My Questions:
      After submitting a claim to the VSO how long before it shows up on ebenefits? Mine still shows as intent to file. The VSO says it has been submitted. What can I expect at my C & P exam? How can I prepare myself for the exam? This is what I dread/fear most.   Is it ok if I post my journey? I also want to thank all the men and women who have submitted to the MST forum.  I now know I am not alone. Being a male and reading that similar things has happened to other males and reading their journeys  has prepared me to start my journey and start the healing process.
    • By pyrotaz
      Looking for some guidance. I served on active duty in the Navy from 87-90 overseas on a ship. My original plans when I enrolled was to do 20 years,  Back in Dec of 2018 I met with and amazing Veterans Service Officer about a tinnitus claim which was approved. While there she had handed me a bunch papers about claims and one was on PTSD and MST. She was copying  and I was reading the PTSD-MST document and it triggered a bunch of emotions where I started shacking and tearing up. The VSO walked in and noticed my state and asked me if I was ok. I tried to answer her but, couldn't she went and got a male VSO and a male nurse to come in. Once the nurse helped calmed me down the male VSO noticed the document I was reading and we talked for awhile about it and I briefly explained a little. He recommend  that I file a DBA for PTSD-MST and recommended the following.
      I document everything I can remember about the events is causing my stressors: I wrote an eight page document in details about the events. Talk to my wife about what happened and have her write a document on what she sees and how it effects our relationship: After having an very hard emotional talk with her, she wrote a two page document. My 20 year old son also wrote a two page document on things he as seen, even though he only knows a little about what happened. Talk to my doctor about what happened: Made an appointment and discussed detail what happened and he diagnosed me with severe PTSD and anxiety placed on Xanax as needed. He wrote a Nexus letter and has sent it into the VA for me Now I explain a little about what when on when arriving on ship I was assigned to a steam generator room and assigned watch with two other sailors one was a 2nd Class Petty officer and the other a 3rd class.  At the time we were doing 12 hour watches 12 on 12 off.  The first few watches went well. We were getting ready to pull into Subic Bay Philippines for a few days before heading back to Japan. They both stated " We want you to come out and drink with us and then we can tag team a few girls". Now a little history alcoholism runs in my family and I don'y shy away from drinking I just know my limits. When we arrived in port I hung out with a few of my buddies instead. When we headed back to sea things went down hill. On my first watch back with them they yelled to me to come to the watch booth which was big enough for 2 chairs and a small table/chair between them the whole booth was maybe 4 feet by 6 feet with a center door and windows. When I went in I noticed they both had towels over their laps which wasn't unusual do to it being over 100 degrees in there.   I was told to sit down and did then one of them stated we figured out why you didn't go out with use you must be gay and not like girls. I didn't get a chance to answer when they ripped the towels off and exposed  themselves to me. I tried to leave but they held the door laughing. I was finally let out and was very shaken up. This happened many time the next few day the both continually exposed themselves to me. I would ask them to stop and would be ignored.  I went to my Chief Petty officer and told him what was going and and got this remark back " Why you trying to get them in trouble they are just playing with you". I went to back to my watch and was cornered by them and verbally threatened to keep my mouth shut. With out going in two many details things escalated to the point where I wold come done to watch and they would be masturbating in the open I'd try to move away and they would chase me around. One time I was working in the bilge( bottom area of ship lots of stinky water and valves) under the floor of our work space  crawling around attempting to fix a valve when I felt what I thought was water coming down on me upon looking up realized they were urinating on me. A lot more worse things happened. I was very depressed and felt helpless. I tho ought about suicide many time and even cut my wrist once when things were at its worst. Got scared and told everyone I fell and sliced it still have the scar.  Other than my failed attempt to tell my Chief about it I never told a soul about it. I ask myself why didn't I fight back? Lets put it this way at the time I weighed about 125 lbs soaking wet and about 5'7". They both were about 170-180 and were both over 6 feet. I was working in a space alone with them at anytime they could injury me say I got hurt working it was my word against the 2 of them.  Why has it taking so long for me to open up about this? I always thought that Sexual trauma only happened to woman. I was scared and embarrassed to admit he happened to me. How has this affected me.
      I have nightmares weekly. I have flashbacks. Something will trigger memories and I'll have panic attacks. I have intimacy issues.  I have ED issues that started at an early age. I have issues in places where there may be Male Public Nudity ( Locker rooms, even public restrooms  I'll use a stall ) Just because it triggers flashback of them and what they did. I have issues with Male authority figures. I have the tendency to back down from and conflicts even though and right. Fear retaliation  And the big one still fear retaliation from them. Still fear after almost 30 years that exposing them and what happened they will find away to get me.     Thank you to everyone who reads this. Now my questions:   Is there anything else I should include to help my case? I'm aware that after my meeting with the VSO they will set me up with a DBA with someone from the VA. What can I expect from that meeting and how should I prepare for it? What about secondary PTSD symptoms what applies? After meeting with my personal doctor he actually interned  at the VA center I going to. He suggested  apply for ratings secondary to the PTSD rating for the following. Erectile dysfunction, hypertension. Do you feel that these are ok? Are there others that I should consider or be aware of?    
    • By PTSD78
      Does the Veteran have a diagnosis of PTSD DSM-5 criteria on today's eval?
       [X] Yes [ ] No
       2. Current Diagnoses,1PTSD 2Panic Disorder 3Agorophobia 4Major Depressive Disorder
       b. Medical diagnoses relevant. obstructive sleep apnea, fibromyalgia, hypothyroidism.
      3. Differential
       a. Does the Veteran have more than one mental disorder diagnosed?
       [X] Yes [ ] No
       4. Occupational and social impairment
       [X] Occupational and social impairment with reduced reliability and productivity
       b. For the indicated occupational and social impairment, is it possible to
       differentiate which impairment is caused by each mental disorder?
       [ ] Yes [X] No [ ] Not Applicable (N/A)
       Vet has multiple co-morbid psych dx and therefore cannot differentiate level of impairment due to each mental disorder due to overlap in symptoms.
      Does stressor meet Criterion diagnosis of PTSD)?
       [X] Yes [ ] No
       Is the stressor related to the Veteran's fear of hostile military terrorist activity?
       [X] Yes [ ] No
       Is the stressor related to personal assault, e.g. military sexual trauma?
       [X] Yes [ ] No
       Criterion A: Exposure to
        [X] Directly experiencing the traumatic event(s)
       Criterion B: Presence of
        [X] Recurrent, involuntary, and intrusive distressing memories of the traumatic event(s).
       [X] Recurrent distressing dreams
      [X] Dissociative reactions
      [X] Intense or prolonged psychological distress at exposure to internal or external cues that symbolize or resemble an aspect of the traumatic
       [X] Marked physiological reactions to internal or externalcues that symbolize or resemble an aspect of the traumatic
      Criterion 😄 Persistent avoidance of
       [X] Avoidance of or efforts to avoid distressing memories, thoughts, or feelings about or closely associated
       traumatic event(s).
       [X] Avoidance of or efforts to avoid external reminders (people, places, conversations, activities, objects,
      Criterion 😧 Negative alterations
       [X] Persistent and exaggerated negative beliefs or expectations about oneself, others
       [X] Persistent, distorted cognitions about the cause or consequences of the traumatic event that lead the
       individual to blameherself others.
       [X] Persistent negative emotional state
       [X] Markedly diminished interest or participation in significant activities.
       [X] FeelingsofdetachmentEstrangement
       [X] Persistent inability positive emotions
       Criterion E: Marked alterations  arousal
       [X] Irritable behavior angry outbursts
       [X] Hypervigilance.
       [X] Exaggerated startle response.
       [X] Problems with concentration.
       [X] Sleep disturbance
       Criterion F:
       [X] Duration disturbis more than month.
      Criterion G:
       [X] The disturbance causes clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important
      Criterion H:
       [X] The disturbance is not attributable to the physiologicaleffects of a substance
      Criterion I: Which stressor contributed to the Veteran's PTSD diagnosis?:
       X] Stressor #1
       5. Symptoms
       [X] Depressed mood
       [X] Anxiety
       [X] Suspiciousness
       [X] Panic attacks more than once aweek
       [X] Chronic sleep impairment
       [X] Mild memory loss, such as forgetting names, directions or recentevents
       [X] Flattened affect
       [X] Impaired judgment
       [X] Disturbances of motivation a
       [X] Difficulty in establishing and maintaining effective work and social
       [X] Difficulty in adapting to stressful circumstances,including worklike setting
       [X] Obsessional ritualsInterfereActivities
       [X] Neglect personalAppearance hygiene
       DSM 5 Diagnosis:PTSD-Panic d/o with agoraphobia-Generalized Anxiety D/o
      Vet meets the DSM-5 diagnostic criteria for PTSD as level of severity - severe. Relationship of mental disorders to each other Vet's MDD, recurrent,moderate is secondary to her PTSD.HerPanicDisorder, Agorophobia and FSAD are also secondary to her PTSD. It is my medical opinion that vet's MST stressor is as least as likely as not suppported by and consistent with the in service marker evidence. Her agorophobia preclude her from functioning satisfactorily in work environments.

• By Navy4life
      Hi there!  Long time member here but been MIA for awhile.  Life has been busy and I have been dealing with health issues.  Long story short, I went through a battery of tests to find out what is wrong with me.  I did an ANA-TITER test, and it was positive for an auto immune disease.   Was referred to the RA doctor for further testing to see if I had lupus.  The RA doctor did blood tests and determined I don't have lupus.  We did additionally physical exam at the VA back in May and he determined I had Fibromyalgia and diagnosed me with it.  We discussed that my Fibromyalgia co-exists with PTSD/MST and IBS.  We also discussed that Fibromyalgia can be secondary to my already service-connected PTSD/MST or even maybe my IBS.  I discussed this with my representative and we decided to file a claim for Fibromyalgia (non-service connected disability) to an already service-connected disability.  Either PTSD/MST or IBS and we asked that they evaluate either causation or aggravation.
      We filed in July and I had my C&P exam in September.  The examiner was asked by the rater to give his medical opinion as to the Fibro being secondary to my PTSD/MST.  The rater did not ask if it was possible to be secondary to my IBS like we requested.  The examiner did a C&P DBQ for Fibro and that was positive.  I do have Fibro, that isn't the issue.  The medical opinion is what was disturbing.  I was with the examiner for less than 5 minutes.  He stated he physically examined me when he did not and he seemed very unknowledgeable about Fibro/PTSD-MST/IBS as co-existing and determining either causation or aggravation.  Of course the medical opinion stated, "less likely than not".  I was floored, so I went to work for my claim.
      I contacted my RA doctor and we talked with my representative on the phone as well.  By the end of the call he was confident enough to link my PTSD/MST as aggravation to my Fibromyalgia.  He wrote a one/two paragraph letter on my behalf.  We sent that to the rater.  Then I spoke to my MH provider last week and she too wrote me a very good NEXUS letter.  That was sent to the rater yesterday.  Both my doctor's are at the VA and both stepped out on a limb for me.  I am hoping their medical opinions outweigh the negative C&P medical opinion.
      I am attaching the C&P exams (redacted), the two medical opinions (redacted) - I am hoping I am successful because this will make me 100% scheduler.  I am currently 94% overall rated.
      C&P _Redacted.pdf
      nexus 2_Redacted.pdf
      redacted.pdf
      redacted2.pdf
    • By GeekySquid
      "During a live webcast on Oct. 16, VA's new Under Secretary for Benefits, Paul R. Lawrence, Ph.D. said that VA will begin reviewing tens of thousands of PTSD claims filed by veterans who suffered Military Sexual Trauma (MST).  "
      https://www.military.com/militaryadvantage/2018/10/17/va-reexamining-military-sexual-trauma-claims.html
      Any veteran who has an MST claim or was rejected or low-balled on an MST claim should take note of the above. If you know a vet with this situation, please let them know. If you know a VSO, let them know.
      Hope it helps someone.

• Ads

• Our picks

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims
      When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a Veterans Affairs Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about when it comes to filing Veterans Affairs Disability Claims. [Reprinted here with permission from Veterans Law Blog]
      • 0 replies
    • Disabled Veterans Property Tax Exemptions by State
      Alabama 
      A disabled veteran in Alabama may receive a full property tax exemption on his/her primary residence if the veteran is 100 percent disabled as a result of service and has a net annual income of $12,000 or less.
      • 0 replies
    • Thanks everyone for their answers and advise and yes Ido have a VSO American legion but unfortunately I still have to manage to work and call times are mornings only almost impossible to talk with him.

I am gonna try to get ahold of him tomorrow but u have to call right at 0730 eastern OR call list fills and never get on his list sucks!

The worst thing I’m going through is that I’m stuck in limbo I can’t file on my other things I can’t add nothing I can’t do anything basically my hands are tied, this is complete wearing on me mentally Not to mention I’ve been out of the service since 95 was six service-connected disabilities and then thrown to the wayside as a young adult with no knowledge of how what or when by the VA  now that I’m middle-aged my service-connected disabilities Have gotten so severe that I have multiple secondaries until I came across by chance a VSO in my county that helped me out back in 15 I’d still be at a loss and left at the wayside forgotten about now that I’ve been back in the system And have a 80% rating the VA now is trying to drop two of my ratings because I feel that this DRO rview is going to put me at 100% or really close  in a way to just keep us down and out and causing worse injuries by forcing ourselves to do what we have to as humans to survive in the workforce that you can’t really physically do anymore sucks all the way around! 
    • Need your support - Please buy a mug or a membership
      had to move to a dedicated server this month and our costs have gone up, if you have been thinking about subscribing to an ad free forum or buying a mug now would a very helpful time to do that.

Thank you for your support
      • 16 replies
    • Permanent and Total from cck-law..com
      1:10 What is Permanent and Total Disability?

2:05 Conditions that automatically receive a permanent and total rating (P&T)

2:32 Conditions less likely to receive P&T

4:29 How to find out if your VA rating is permanent

6:03 Is there a VA form to apply for Perm and Total status?

6:39 Viewer Question: If you have permanent and total Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI), are you automatically entitled to P&T disability at the VA?

8:03 If you receive Total Disability for Individual Unemployability (TDIU), are you permanent and total?

8:26 The advantages of having Permanent and Total VA Disability Other Protections from VA Rating Reductions

10:26 Stabilized Ratings

11:26 Continuous Ratings

12:57 What to do if VA proposes a rating reduction

16:03 Final Thoughts & Tips

https://cck-law.com/news/newsfaq-friday-permanent-and-total-pt-disability/

• 8 replies
  • Ads

• Popular Contributors

• Ad

• Latest News

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines