VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cymbalta

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Bergie

What do you know about Cymbalta? I got it prescribed to me via workers compensation for chronic pain and depression. The VA pain clinic thinks it is great but too expensive.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My Dr gave me some to try out and defiantly didn't work for me. It made me totally sick. He's goin to try Sevella on me next. My ins. is bcbs and I will be paying $31.00 out of pocket per month. I don't know your situation is towards meds costs but you might ask for Sevella instead of Cymbalta if its cheaper. Sorry to butt in john.

• HadIt.com Elder

Cooter

That's OK. I have tried many anti-depressants. I think cymbalta has same problems the other SSRI's have....dead shrimp blues. The great medical scientists invent drugs that cure your depression and make you impotent at the same time. Isn't that great? I wanted to try it for pain and see if it has anything. I usually do well on SSRI's but it does not make me less depressed. I just stop worrying about it.

I don't know john, sometimes I wonder if the only drug that will reduce the feeling of depression is illegal drugs.ha

I tried this medication a few weeks and I ended up in the emergency room. I have severe acid reflux and IBS and something did not work right, my problem could be that maybe I am prescribed too many medications because my stomach is always sick. I think I was in the hospital about a week and then got a huge hospital bill. I had several doctors tell me that it will be a trial and error with my medications and I will have to learn to live with being in pain and being sick. I do not tolerate medication very well and end up in the hospital from time to time. One doctor told me there is no such thing as a magic pill that will help my conditions.

• HadIt.com Elder

You know the head of the VA pain clinic swore that cymbalta would cure my chronic pain disorder, but the VA did not prescribe it due to cost. I don't believe that, but it might help. I think it is a combination of Welbutrin and Prozac under a fancy name. Like I say I got it through an old workers compensation claim that is still active. They paid for it all.