VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exam

Rate this question

cbtvet

Question

recently had c&p exam for ptsd.going in the dr said there would be no questions about stressors 20 minutes later i was headed home. this after being told it would be 90 minutes long. very basic questions no stress whatsoever.don't know what to make of that .

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Make sure you get a copy of the exam. The examiners statements will help you see which way your headed for a successful claim. Sometimes what they tell you to your face isn't the same as they written in their report. Thats why you need to read it carefully. JMO, The reason your exam was only 20 minutes long was he already read your med files before you walked in, and perty much had everything he needed. Happens alot. Good Luck!

Make sure you get a copy of the exam. The examiners statements will help you see which way your headed for a successful claim. Sometimes what they tell you to your face isn't the same as they written in their report. Thats why you need to read it carefully. JMO, The reason your exam was only 20 minutes long was he already read your med files before you walked in, and perty much had everything he needed. Happens alot. Good Luck!

that is absolutely the truth. i have had it go both ways. but i have found if the doctor is honest during the exam, they will write what i tell them. knowing what is actually written n your exam usually goes a long way in determing what the va will give you. hope that helps and good luck.

recently had c&p exam for ptsd.going in the dr said there would be no questions about stressors 20 minutes later i was headed home. this after being told it would be 90 minutes long. very basic questions no stress whatsoever.don't know what to make of that .

cbvet,

When and where did you serve and what is your stressor ?

carlie asked where and when did i serve and what were my stressors. i served in the brown water navy vietnam 70-71 i was on a floating pbr base in the mekong river 1 click from cambodia. my stressor was multiple combat. among others.

• HadIt.com Elder

cbtvet the length of the exam means nothing I had 2 C&P exams one in 2005 and the other in 2006 the first one last about 10 minutes and the one in 2006 lasted about 5 minutes in 2005 they awarded me 50% which I disagreed with my medical evidence showed I should be 100% P&T or at least the very least maybe 70& TDIU so I filed the NOD the day after I got the 2005 award letter in 2006 they awarded me the 100% after the 5 minute C&P but they again denied my CAD and hypertension claim that went to BVA where the Judge granted it and I got SMC S with that additional 60% but next month I am having a pacemaker put in which will change the CAD to a 100% P&T so even if the ever re-evaluate my PTSD my heart mess is not going to change except to get worse

hoping for the best for you