VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exam

Rate this question

cbtvet

Question

recently had c&p exam for ptsd.going in the dr said there would be no questions about stressors 20 minutes later i was headed home. this after being told it would be 90 minutes long. very basic questions no stress whatsoever.don't know what to make of that .

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Thanks for your help. The reason I was skeptical was I have been diagnosed with ptsd, attended groups, taken the meds. I have never been asked about combat stressors. This just seems strange to me based on reading other's response to c and p exams.

Thanks for your help. The reason I was skeptical was I have been diagnosed with ptsd, attended groups, taken the meds. I have never been asked about combat stressors. This just seems strange to me based on reading other's response to c and p exams.

According to my paperwork my Bronze Star with V award gave proof of stressor...But I was asked about my combat stressors during my C&P. I was in Vietnam at the same time you were there. Best of luck with your claim.

hello cbtvet

rydahog here. i was in delta also 68-69..tango boats ..glad to see a new navy guy here with me,,,seems to me at times the VA does not take ptsd serious for navy in delta.? like we did not see combat or something along those lines, cause we were not grunts? maybe this is just me? i hope i am wrong..keep us informed to your status...i am waiting for results from my psychologist exam for my ptsd claim, but i am to scared to find out myself what the results are? so i will wait till the mail comes..i hope your doin good..later ..ryd..:)

carlie asked where and when did i serve and what were my stressors. i served in the brown water navy vietnam 70-71 i was on a floating pbr base in the mekong river 1 click from cambodia. my stressor was multiple combat. among others.

thanks for your support. to expand a little i have talked to a social worker at the clinic about non-combat stressor. i have talked in group about non-combat events .i have not talked nor have i been asked by the shrink about stressors. he must have found out on his own i have a c.a.r. he started to refer to me as a combat vet about 6 months ago after 2 years. he mostly does the meds .we did write about stressors in group therapy however . i believe my experience was trivial knowing what others endured . it's been 2 months since c&p exam i hope to hear soon. thanks again.

i believe my experience was trivial knowing what others endured .

Nothing is trivial when it comes to your well being. Would some walk away from your experiences without acquiring ptsd? Maybe, but this is you and your situation. Don't ever think of your situation being trivial or mundane.