VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Peripheral Neuropathy

Rate this question

SP4RVN1971

Question

I started taking Cymbalta last 12/15/2010 and Gabapentin in 1/15/2011. By 3/2011 the Gabapentin was cause such great side of effect. I had a hard time working or doing anything. They put me on lyrica to replace the big G, the problem continue and they increase the Cymbalta. By May an June I was down to 25 hour work week and about to quit work. My Doctor at MD anderson told me of the problem the Cymbalta. I quit the medicine two weeks ago and I'm back to almost a 40 hour work week :smile: . They are increasing my Lyrica. The electrical storm in my body is worst causing great pain and having problems with breathing and my shaking a worst. Papa need's fine a tooth brush and tooth paste i can use. I know my problem is not same. Forget the AO prostate cancer I can work with a limp and a shake, and it feel good to work. ***** My point is always have one Primary Doctor incharge of your med's. Have a great life. I should shutup!

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

My PCP had me on Gabapentin, but the side effects were too much. I saw a private neurologist who prescribed Topiramate. My PCP concured and wrote a VAMC script. I have severe PN of both upper and lower extremeties and the Topiramate controls the pain very well.

My PCP had me on Gabapentin, but the side effects were too much. I saw a private neurologist who prescribed Topiramate. My PCP concured and wrote a VAMC script. I have severe PN of both upper and lower extremeties and the Topiramate controls the pain very well.

We talk about this before. I will ask my Priv. neuro about this. thanks!