VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Best Online School For Veteran's

Rate this question

AFKY22

Question

What schools have you attended online with Voc Rehab that are Veteran Friendly? I was recently approved for Voc Rehab and am researching what online schools are best.

I have attended university of phoenix and western governers university in the past with GI Bill, found both OK but am looking for some other input.

Thank you

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

You can go to a book store and get a book that describes all the universites and colleges that offer distance learning. Many very well known schools offer distance learning even in subjects like computer science and other science things where you can make some money.

http://www.amu.apus.edu/

American Military University-

I was their second civilian enrollment under Chap 35 in 2003 but they are active mil and veteran friendly and most of their students are vets or in the Military.(as well as their faculty. I only had 2 civilian professors there.)

They are familiar with VA educational benefits and have a wide range of degree courses.

They transferred most of my credits from a traditional college into my degree program.

I agree with everyone below and find them to be great for vets. I wish I did more research, but I am attending Capella and love it. I have no problems getting items needed and things are running smoothly. I feel it is a personal preferance and what you would like to study to make a determing factor. Best of luck...

My daughter attends American Military University and is doing quite well. She is about half way through for her MBA. Great GPA too. The classes are very hard and do require a lot of time to study, but when she is done with this, she will go for her Doctorate too. All under my Chapter 35, thank heavens. She previous had her BA prior to my 100% PT award.

She also does the work program with Dept of Vets Affairs, and is paid there for this at minimum wage rate.

Please be careful on what you do choose. I saw a program on PBS about some veterans and some of the most advertised colleges were just "recruiting" veteran students. One student had TBI and all were left pretty much in debt, without a degree. Transfer of credits were an issue also. One link might be:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/educating-sergeant-pantzke/

Good luck and you are doing the right thing to check them out.