VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help With My Appeal. (Triggers-Triggers)

Rate this question

is nuts!

Question

After doing my initial claim by myself and being totaly ignorant to the VA process I managed to get a 10% service connection for Lumbar Strain and a 0% service connection for ingrown toenails and onchymycosis. They denied my claim for Depression/ PTSD and R knee strain and hearing loss. To prove my ignorance I assumed they would obtain all private medical records when I signed and returned the ROI papers for them to get them. They never got any records at all and I never sent any. I also did not fill out the PTSD Stressor info either. So they made all the decisions based on my SMR only. When I received the first decision in May of 09, I immediately enrolled in the VA and started receiving treatment at the VAMC and the Vet Center for Alcohol, Opiode PTSD, Depression and MST Treatment. I quickly learned about finding a VSO and asking for assistance which was a disaster. I tried to find a rep from the American legion and could never get a responce from them. I soon met with a county VSO and he offered some assistance but mostly he was there to submit paperwork only. The rest of the process I did on my own with help from reading this website. There is so much I need to say but I know how long posts are looked at and Ill keep it short and answer any questions as I go. I will try and upload the initial award and denial letter, then the SOC and finally the SSOC. Please bear with me and I am Thankful for any help I can get. My PTSD is due to MST and very personal so please take it easy on me! Might take me a while to scan edit and upload! During my uploading if the mods want to edit the content please do as it is very personal and if the DRO watches this website he will clearly know who it is. Which I could give a rats a** if the RO see's it anyway.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

We will all try to help you with our opinions of what worked for us...will look forward to reading yours. Hang in there it can and will get better, someday!

]Here is the initial rating decision. This is what I took to all the VSO's that I could find in the area that would agree to see me or they called me back. I found one that seemed to be the Best of the Worse. He advised I only appeal the Depression, PTSD, R knee strain and develop more evidence for the Hearing Loss. I told him I wanted to appeal all of it and I could furnish way more evidence. I told him I already had evidence for the 20% requirement for the Lower Back. He said not to appeal the back as they can take it away if you piss the DRO off. After reading here I understand it to be False as the DRO cannot take away service connection unless fraud is involved. I then later filed additional evidence and NOD for the back and hearing which will spell it out in the SOC and SSOC. I will upload the SOC and SSOC tommorrow as my computer is ancient and it takes forever. Thanks for looking and your time. post-8925-0-54681300-1310442268_thumb.jppost-8925-0-39845000-1310442263_thumb.jppost-8925-0-65667200-1310442275_thumb.jppost-8925-0-85038400-1310442281_thumb.jppost-8925-0-03275100-1310442290_thumb.jppost-8925-0-40096400-1310442298_thumb.jppost-8925-0-26958900-1310443007_thumb.jppost-8925-0-79049600-1310442993_thumb.jp

• HadIt.com Elder

Nuts

Its your claim and believe it or not although the claim is personal it is not to the VA. Your VSO is an idiot. If I worried about pissing the VA off I would still be 30%.

Good Luck

is nuts,

I am looking forward to seeing your SOC's and SSOC's.

Because that rating decision isn't difficult at all - to rip to shreds.

Too many errors to even go into now without seeing first, what happened after.

Ok here is the SOC and SSOC then I can explain what I did or maybe just post the FORM 9.

After I received the SOC I was in shock as they didnt look at anything. I typed a big long post and decided to delete it and just post the Form9 I submitted after the SOC. I havent replied yet to the SSOC as Im lost, pissed off and having a hard time financially and cant concentrate due to the Rage. Now keep in mind that when I went to the first C&P they had no records whatso ever and I am at fault for that. I didnt do the stressor letter as it was in my treatment records and it was really hard to go thru. Luckily I have been blessed with a really good Pshych doc and 2 awesome phsycologists. My mental C&P was a 10 minute joke and I have pretty much disprooved almost all of his statements. I know an IMO would close the deal but I feel I should have been afforded another C&P on all items as they had no treatment records after service. Any way Thanks for Looking and I will post the Form 9 later as I have to unplug my internet to plug up the scanner and edit. Pain in the butt, Carlie I sure hope you can find a hole somewhere and hopefully I didnt screw it up more than I already have. post-8925-0-61460600-1310521702_thumb.jppost-8925-0-74954800-1310521737_thumb.jppost-8925-0-35893100-1310521766_thumb.jppost-8925-0-71146700-1310521786_thumb.jppost-8925-0-72115800-1310521823_thumb.jppost-8925-0-06847200-1310521670_thumb.jp