VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% P&t No Further Exams.

Rate this topic

baca

Ok I got the letter 100% P&T no future exams. chapter 35 education benefits for my wife and son. Now I have to get enrolled in all this stuff. I've never been enrolled in a VA medical system before. Then there is the DEER card. I'm most concerned with getting my wife and son enrolled in Champ VA. How long does all this take and where do I start. I'm getting stressed out just thinking about it. I guess I need to go to the VA hospital and VARO. Is there someone who helps you figure all this out?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baca,

The "Deer" card (Commissary card) was easy. Find the nearest installation that issues ID cards and call to make an Appt. You will need your awards letter from Va, marriage certificate, Birth certificates for the kids and SS cards. If I forgot something they or someone from Hadit will let you know.

Champ va was surprisingly pretty easy also. Get the 800 number to champ va and call. They can either mail or fax Info to you that you will have to complete and return. They will also want to see your awards letter. Again, marriage certificate, Birth certs for kids and wife and SS cards. I did everything by fax. If I remember it took about a month. If I left anything out someone will let you know.

I called the nearest medical facility and made an Appt. to see a primary care physician (that was easiest for me). Again, by the time they got back to me and made an Appt. It took a couple of months. You can call, walk in to the clinic or do it online. For me it was priorities, Champ va, was first and foremost. I did the other stuff when I had time.

Take a deep breath and relax!

Regards,

Waldo

Ok I got the letter 100% P&T no future exams. chapter 35 education benefits for my wife and son. Now I have to get enrolled in all this stuff. I've never been enrolled in a VA medical system before. Then there is the DEER card. I'm most concerned with getting my wife and son enrolled in Champ VA. How long does all this take and where do I start. I'm getting stressed out just thinking about it. I guess I need to go to the VA hospital and VARO. Is there someone who helps you figure all this out?

Baca,

Sorry I don't have the answer to your question. Just wanted to congratulate you on your win. I'm thrilled for you and your family.

Baca,

Sorry I don't have the answer to your question. Just wanted to congratulate you on your win. I'm thrilled for you and your family.

Thanks CHR49 I figure it out. I run up to the local VA if I need to. This is a small town and they aren't real busy.

Right on brother!!!

Not sure if anyone has already mentioned to you yet, but make sure to check out the state benefits for where you live. I'm perty sure you can do this online.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use