VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Today

Rate this question

Ironcity724

Question

Hello everybody I am new to this site. Lots of info on here kinda hard to take in all at once. Anybody got any advice for the exam or dealing with the examiners. Thanks and look forward to learning more.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Tell them everything , don't hold back and be the tough guy. That will only hurt your claim . This is the time to let it all hang out . You may be okay today , but what about last week or 6 months ago when you were all jacked up. Is this for a PTSD c&p ?

Sgt Sandman

Semper Fi and goodluck

i agree with sandman. hopefully, you will get a good examiner who will listen to you and document what you say in the report. too many examiners only write what they wan and not what you tell them. good luck.

Whatever disability your exam is going to be on I suggest you take a look at the forem here on hadit that shows everything that pertains to your disability exam, and it'll show what normally the examiners are looking for during the exam. One thumb of rule is, don't go in and tell the Dr your doing fine if he ask's how are you today. Go in there like its one of the worst days you ever had. Remember they write everything down.

Edited by cooter

Been through two C&P exams for PTSD, and every time they have ask the same old question the very first time: How are you feeling today? My reply has always been, terrible! If I was feeling fine, I would not be here talking to you. Always tell them you had a wonderful, stable childhood. If, you tell them anything differently, they could use it against you.

Good Luck

Papa

Whatever disability your exam is going to be on I suggest you take a look at the forem here on hadit that shows everything that pertains to your disability exam, and it'll show what normally the examiners are looking for during the exam. One thumb of rule is, don't go in and tell the Dr your doing fine if he ask's how are you today. Go in there like its one of the worst days you ever had. Remember they write everything down.

i disagree as they don't always write everything down. example, a few years ago i went in to try to get an increase for my back. my electric wheelchair the va has issued me had been condemed and a new one was on order. the doc asked why i was using a manual chair, i explained. he wrote on my exam....don't understand why veteran is using a manual wheelchair as it would strain her back condition. he never mentioned what i told him about my power chair.