VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bcmr Ptsd

Rate this question

deserteagle

Question

Have any of you heard of a BCMR for PTSD? I was honorably discharged and am trying to see if changing my characterization to med retirement would benefit me at all. I have proof that I was exhibiting the symptoms in service but have been out for 6 years. I am now 100% VA SC for PTSD. Is this uncommon? What paperwork should I file and to whom? Should I get a lawyer or representative? If I do get representation, where should I start looking? If I was able to succeed in winning this, a friend has mentioned the possibility of CRSC. I am not quite sure what that is or if I would actually be entitled to it. PLEASE HELP!!

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I think you have to do 20 years to get CRSC. I think if you really want to win at BCMR for this issue you will need a lawyer. This is what I was told. I tried myself and failed. The BCMR is not like the VA. There is no benefit of doubt. I talked to a lawyer about this issue of getting a honorable changed to medical and he said only about 2-5% of vets win this who try because you have to prove the military made a mistake.

• HadIt.com Elder

normally you need to file within a year or 2 to even get them to take the request seriously and the lawyer will be expensive and unless you have 20 years in then the concurrent receipt of the Chapter 61 retirement benefits and VA would not even apply to you if you did not retire then you can't get CSRC benefits if you are 100% PTSD I hope you have filed for your SSD benefits most lawyers want to be paid upfront on these type cases as there is no money in a contingency fee like there is in car accidents or even VA appeal claims