VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vietnam Vets With Cml Is It Getting Close To Presumptive?

Rate this question

TomLeo

Question

I received my denial last week. I have appt with my oncologist this afternoon (at VA). Have had contact with ExecDir of National CML Society, plan to work with him in finding medical experts to aid in establishing nexus for appeal. VFW Service Officer is not at all optimistic -- are any of them ever optimistic? Must be what they see all the time. Kind of like an ugly guy trying to pick up a woman at a bar -- eventually he expects rejection.

Here is the Facebook page where I have links to VA appeal docs, other info that can help anyone with CML. I desperately need to find fellow CML sufferers.

http://www.facebook....4598584147?ap=1

As an aside, the VSO was so negative about any claim I would have for my IPF (my other incurable disease -- Pulmonary Fibrosis) that he would not even take out a claim form. Flat told me that VA would say it was my smoking 25 years ago. Even my pulmonologists are not that negative. I had intended to volunteer to become a VSO, but not so sure. The negativism that becomes a part of that job worries me, with all the diseases I have I definitely do not need another negative in my life.

Please, any CML survivors or NOK, come to my website. I even have TWO children of Vietnam Vet BOTH with CML. CML is NOT a hereditary cancer!! I have a NOK who died of CML who lived in Ohio, and the VSO she spoke to would not even help her with a claim saying the VA would deny it because he lived in Ohio, a FARM state!! First VA goes to no proof of environmental links (there are plenty -- when cited on appeals they are accepted); and then they go to other possible environmental factors. Talk about having it both ways!

The original post here was made in 2011.

This is the most recent CML-AO award I could find:

https://www.va.gov/vetapp15/Files2/1510466.txt

The veterans had 2 very strong independent medical opinions from private oncologists and medical articles in support of his claim.

On 7/14/2011 at 12:23 PM, TomLeo said:

I received my denial last week. I have appt with my oncologist this afternoon (at VA). Have had contact with ExecDir of National CML Society, plan to work with him in finding medical experts to aid in establishing nexus for appeal. VFW Service Officer is not at all optimistic -- are any of them ever optimistic? Must be what they see all the time. Kind of like an ugly guy trying to pick up a woman at a bar -- eventually he expects rejection.

Here is the Facebook page where I have links to VA appeal docs, other info that can help anyone with CML. I desperately need to find fellow CML sufferers.

http://www.facebook....4598584147?ap=1

As an aside, the VSO was so negative about any claim I would have for my IPF (my other incurable disease -- Pulmonary Fibrosis) that he would not even take out a claim form. Flat told me that VA would say it was my smoking 25 years ago. Even my pulmonologists are not that negative. I had intended to volunteer to become a VSO, but not so sure. The negativism that becomes a part of that job worries me, with all the diseases I have I definitely do not need another negative in my life.

Please, any CML survivors or NOK, come to my website. I even have TWO children of Vietnam Vet BOTH with CML. CML is NOT a hereditary cancer!! I have a NOK who died of CML who lived in Ohio, and the VSO she spoke to would not even help her with a claim saying the VA would deny it because he lived in Ohio, a FARM state!! First VA goes to no proof of environmental links (there are plenty -- when cited on appeals they are accepted); and then they go to other possible environmental factors. Talk about having it both ways!

Tom, your FB page doesn't come up.