• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Advertisemnt

• Trouble Remembering? This helped me.

I have memory problems and as some of you may know I highly recommend Evernote and have for years. Though I've found that writing helps me remember more. I ran across Tom's videos on youtube, I'm a bit geeky and I also use an IPad so if you take notes on your IPad or you are thinking of going paperless check it out. I'm really happy with it, I use it with a program called Noteshelf 2.

Click here to purchase your digital journal. HadIt.com receives a commission on each purchase.

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sign in to follow this  
Guest terrysturgis

My Daughter Is Looking At This Firm

Guest terrysturgis

My daughter has contacted this firm to see if they will represent her on her claim for TDIU. They are in Syracuse, Ney York. She found them on the NOVA site. Anyone had experience with them? Thanks.

Terry

No experience, but if they don't seem enthusiastic you can get another one. If you call them and they don't return calls that is one good indicator that they are not that great. They should get on the case right away and start getting records along with sending you a contract which should not be over 20% of retro. I think if your daughter is having trouble with her TDIU claim then it is a good idea to get a lawyer. You could ask them how many TDIU claims they have done in the past.

Terry I used a NOVA lawyer that won my CAD claim the one that took 7 years she took it pro pnon because it had been denied in May 2007 and we were not allowed to hire lawyers until June 2007 I offerred to pay her the 20% after we won the case she refused citing her ethics would not allow it I offered to make a contribution to a fund to help her with other destitute veterans so she could help them again NO, she even paid for a IMO she felt was needed in Jan 2009 my BVA hearing was Feb 2009 since the Judge stated the case was in relative equipose the "benefit of the doubt went to the veterans" would I have gotten the benefit of the doubt without that new IMO who knows but I doubt it he used an entirely different cause and effect and explained how due to my lab work from the Army with the raised triglyredis that my CAD was already in development stages as far back as 1978 and I did not leave the Army until 1982 and then went into the NG and was activated again for GW1 and the lab work then showed even higher numbers for bad cholesterol and higher triglycerides.

They network and if they don't know what to do they call or e mail Ken Carpenter or other pro's like him that are members of NOVA, they have quarterly training sessions all over the nation and they know and help each other when you get one NOVA lawyer you are basically hiring all of them as they help each other on how to win their cases.

I truly beleive in NOVA and their ethics is above reproach

Guest terrysturgis

John, they have been talking to her and asking for various forms such as SOC and some medical records. So far so good. Testvet, I can only hope that success will come her way. My daughters claim is a lot harder than the presumptives I had to deal with on my claim. Thanks Bros!

Guest terrysturgis

This law firm has accepted my daughter as a client. Let the games begin.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By rightstrivinsissy
      Hello Hadit Helpers, 
      I feel like I am stumbling around blind. I hope someone can help me see.
      I was service connected in 2011 severe anxiety due to mst and a bladder condition.
      I have not had gainful employment since ETSing in 2004. I was re-evaluated for an increase and received an overall 70 - 40 -10 but started being payed at 80% in 2016. 
      In June of 2019 I applied for TDIU. I hit the make a decision now button on ebenefits, which was like shooting my own foot for lack of patience, not realizing that this meant the VA could not request any further info from me.
      In August I was denied, and obtained an attorney. 
      The attorney took over and ebenefits is showing the privacy act starting on October 4th and my claim is now in the evidence gathering/decision making process. Estimated end date of April 2020, the attorney says 3 years, but I know there are new systems in place to make things move a little quicker.
      I am looking for any information that you all would have about what is actually happening. I don't know if this is a NOD or what. My case manager acts like I am a major pain and won't give me any info and I fear she has no idea what she is actually doing. =(
      I assume it is not an actual appeal yet, because my case manager said they would have to wait for my c-file before they would appeal on the next denial from the VA.  
      I am so confused, If any of you experts could find the time to help me I would greatly appreciate it. I have always dealt with the VA on my own with no previous denials, but never fully understood what I was doing. I thought hiring an attorney would change this, but I still feel just as blind as before.
    • By Mikeoif
      I filed for tdiu and ptsd claim in Oct of 18, I didn't have all my medical files lined up and was given service connection for unspecified anxiety at 30% in March 19, and denied tdiu for failed scheduled rating needed and they mentioned that I had work experince and helped for a year with my niece , weird mention in the paperwork for why tdiu was denied but whatever. So I filed supplemental claim in april and had a highly regarded univeristy brain department and psychiatrist department diagnosis me for ptsd as a referral from the VA. So boom got another c&p in June and was given 70 % rating for ptsd but didn't file anything for the tdiu, at this time hired a va lawyer before I got my 70% rating thinking id have to appeal if they denied my ptsd again but they didn't so then I kept the lawyers on as they looked at my files for more things to be done and then they had me file tdiu paper work again but then on OCT 31st they filed a higher level review for my TDIU decision going back to march when it was denied. My two questions are how does HLR handle tdiu claims and cause I was denied originally for it for lack of rating and lack of medical evidence does my new c&p in June and my medical diagnosis with recommendation that got me to 70% now, will that evidence be included in the review of the tdiu or is the Review just of the evidence that was available at the time of the original denial back in march? I've been out of work for over a year as well but haven't kept a job down for a decade though I've tried for sure. OIF 08-09 1-22 INF, 1 BCT, 4th I.D. Also do granted my tdiu effective date should be Oct 2018 right as my intent to file date? Thanks
    • By drewdabbs
      This may have been answered elsewhere but as a long time lurker I have not been able to find it. A brief background. I am at 80% SC (70% for a mental health disorder, 10% for a couple of physical disabilities). But nearly all of this has been awarded through BVA appeal process that has been on going since 2009. Part of the appeal has been TDIU. In short the RO did not automatically send the 21-8940 to start the process when I hit 70% RO and I didn't know I qualified. Once I did know I appealed and it became a part of the 2009 ongoing BVA appeal, but joined it in about 2014. A social/industrial survey was ordered (2015) but not completed as the social worker at the hospital completing it didn't know what it was (he thought it was a survey of current patients). So the BVA appeal has gone back to the common BVA Remand to RO SSoC to BVA Remand tennis game for a few years. A mess.

Here are my current questions: I have been awarded new service connections and ratings since the TDIU denial part joined the appeal. I have also moved, so the 2009 appeal is at the original RO where is any new claim would go to my, now, more local RO.

1). is there any way possible to file for TDIU now, through my local office since new service connected disabilities are present?

2). Just general opinion if you could, but I had been told that it is detrimental to an appeal to request that RO handling the case be changed or moved to the most recent or local RO. Does anyone have any insight if this is actually true? The old RO is a hassle, its keeps sending appointments and decisions to the old address no matter how many times and ways I update my address, for instance.

Thanks vets, any help I get I'll try and pay it forward.
    • By mikeriggs
      I filed a claim in october of 2018 for ptsd and TDIU, long story short I tried to do everything myself and didn't have the proper diagnosis so I was service connected for anxiety based on having a medical marijuana card diagnosis for anxiety but the rating was 30% and I much worse off then that. So I obtained a referral from the va to a fancy psychiatrist from the university of north florida's behavior health department and was diagnosed with ptsd, bi polar 1 and panic disorder. I used this new medical evidence as my supplemental claim evidence and filed it April 16, 2019 after receiving my letter March 20, 2019. My claim is now at Pending Decision Approval with an estimated completion date of july 2, 2019 which is super fast from all I have read. My question is, Am I going to be awarded tdiu with the evidence I submitted if they adjust me up to 70% which I think it will . Or if they award 70% for ptsd on this new supplemental claim will i have to re-apply for tdiu again? Or would that all be considered in the final review of the entire claim? Thanks for any help.
      1-22 1BCT 4th I.D. "Regulars by God"
    • By MsAsya
      I first found this forum after I started my claim Aug 7, 2018. This was 10 years after my discharge. I had done everything I could to stay away from the military after my experience and had never even been to the VA before this year. I prepared my claim myself and was concerned I would be denied. I posted my c and p exam results here October 31, 2018 and members commented on their thoughts of success or failure, and said I would get about 50%. I then took my exam results to the Veteran rep here at my local unemployment office who told me ultimately I would be denied and should appoint a representative and prepare for appeal. I choose the DAV and left with my spirits a little crushed, but after reading people stories here I knew I had to remain hopeful. Nov. 29, 2018 I received an email from the DAV with the Decision that had been made even before I could see it. The email stated I had been service-connected at 70% PTSD permanent, also approved for TDIU and Dependent Education, but Ebenefits still said pending approval. So again I came to the forums for assistance and posted a copy of the email. I was met with congratulatory responses and assurance that the email was legit. @GeekySquid then messaged me a ton of information about benefits that were now available to me. It was from that information I was able to start the process of getting my life back on track. Im currently working with VR&E also known as Voc Rehab, to go back to school. Geeky told me they would give me hard time but to be persistent and it paid off my counselor has approved my long term goal of a Masters Degree🤗. I can not put in words how thankful I am for this forum and its Members.
  • Ads

• Our picks

• OK everyone thanks for all the advice I need your help I called VSO complained about length of time on Wednesday of this week today I checked my E benefits and my ratings are in for my ankles that they were denying me 10% for each bilateral which makes 21% I was originally 80% now they’re still saying I’m 80% 

I’m 50% pes planus 30% migraine headaches 20% lumbar 10% tinnitus and now bilateral 21% so 10% left and right ankle Can someone else please do the math because I come up with 86% which makes me 90 what am I missing please help and thank you
    • I was denied SC for IBS and GERD IN 2011. In 2019 I was awarded SC for GERD. This CUE  is for 2011, both GERD and IBS. There are some odd aspects regarding the 2011 decision, the way it was written and the C&P report and the way it was written. I've tried to present this as clearly as I can. Note: the decision contradicts itself. the decision also contradicts the C&P Report. Honestly, I think the rater just got confused because the C&P was so poorly written. *THIS CUE HAS NOT YET BEEN SUBMITTED*Please let me know what you think. Appreciate all comments and suggestions. Thanks.

VA RATING DECISION MARCH 23 2011 GERD IBS.pdf C P REPORT 7312010 GERD IBS.pdf GERD IBS CUE 2011(1).pdf

C P ADDENDUM REQUEST RE DIAGNOSIS 7232010.pdf
      • 50 replies
    • 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims
      When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a Veterans Affairs Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about when it comes to filing Veterans Affairs Disability Claims. [Reprinted here with permission from Veterans Law Blog]
      • 0 replies
    • Disabled Veterans Property Tax Exemptions by State
      Alabama 
      A disabled veteran in Alabama may receive a full property tax exemption on his/her primary residence if the veteran is 100 percent disabled as a result of service and has a net annual income of $12,000 or less.
      • 0 replies
    • Thanks everyone for their answers and advise and yes Ido have a VSO American legion but unfortunately I still have to manage to work and call times are mornings only almost impossible to talk with him.

I am gonna try to get ahold of him tomorrow but u have to call right at 0730 eastern OR call list fills and never get on his list sucks!

The worst thing I’m going through is that I’m stuck in limbo I can’t file on my other things I can’t add nothing I can’t do anything basically my hands are tied, this is complete wearing on me mentally Not to mention I’ve been out of the service since 95 was six service-connected disabilities and then thrown to the wayside as a young adult with no knowledge of how what or when by the VA  now that I’m middle-aged my service-connected disabilities Have gotten so severe that I have multiple secondaries until I came across by chance a VSO in my county that helped me out back in 15 I’d still be at a loss and left at the wayside forgotten about now that I’ve been back in the system And have a 80% rating the VA now is trying to drop two of my ratings because I feel that this DRO rview is going to put me at 100% or really close  in a way to just keep us down and out and causing worse injuries by forcing ourselves to do what we have to as humans to survive in the workforce that you can’t really physically do anymore sucks all the way around! 
  • Ads

• Popular Contributors

• Ad

• Latest News

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines