VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pes Planus, Aggravated. Claim?>

Rate this question

Sagacious

Question

so, i've been having recent problems with foot swelling/edema, tingling in the foot and my podiatrist said my pes planus (flat foot) is severe. the pooling of blood/fluid in my foot has left discolorations due to iron deposits. she also found an old injury (during the time of military service) the bone that my tibial tendon attaches to had fractured at one point but is healed now.

my question is, im having all these problems now and my current doc rates me at severe pes planus. when i look through my Military medical record all the way back to MEPS, my initial diagnosis was Mild and Asymptomatic Pes Planus. thats all i have in my service record, do you think that will be enough? i dont have any other comments about it during service because i never wanted to complain during/after a big hike. im hoping the difference of diagnosis between MEPS and NOW will be enough evidence. if so, anyone have any idea of what rating i would receive from the problems described? thanks

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Not for life but if it does not improve you probably end up for life. Just going to a VA Doc and saying you feel great can trigger a review no matter how they rate you. It rarely happens though

Not for life but if it does not improve you probably end up for life. Just going to a VA Doc and saying you feel great can trigger a review no matter how they rate you. It rarely happens though

so, as long as a review isnt triggered that changes the outcome or my condition doesnt get any better...then i will have it for life?

• HadIt.com Elder

Probably I would say don't worry about it rarely does the VA change a rating