VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Having A Pacemaker Put In

Rate this question

Testvet

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Since I am already rated 100% PTSD P&T then after the BVA granted my CAD and hypertension claim the VARO granted 60% and 10% and in the award letter stated I was housebound and given SMC S rating effective back to Dec 2003 for which I am happy with now due to the CHF and the worsening of my CAD they are going to install a high tec pacemaker and defib as my ejection fraction is down to 10%

it is my understanding that with the implant that I should be rated 100% due to the pacemaker is that in addition to the CAD or will they raise the CAD to 100% and what effect if any will it have on my SMC rating?

This is a new stage for me

I was having trouble breathing Friday might my wife took me to the ER and it is the first time I actually remember being there the past 2 times I was out of my head and did not remember anything about the ER experiences or the people who worked on me I was really happy to go out the door the same night, it was just a light build up of fluid on my lungs and the docs said I did right in doubling my lasix but he added an IV dose of lasix before I left I am trying to learn to maintain this so I dodn't end up in the hospital every other month for 3 weeks at a time as close as we can figure the VA has paid in excess of 100,000 for April and June they say this implant will run about 60,000 not counting surgical fees but hell I think I am worth it

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

That is correct. The regulations speak to Ischemic heart disease and with AICD it becomes permanent and total at 100%. This condition is considered non reversable and permanent.

I am diabled and cannot work any longer. Jim

• HadIt.com Elder

You should be 100 percent when you get out,

You can look this up under the Regs. Part 4 of the Title 38 USC.

It has to be an ACID or Defibrulator.

Basser

ALL: please do not confuse an AICD with your standard, run-of-the-mill pacemaker.

You should be 100 percent when you get out,

You can look this up under the Regs. Part 4 of the Title 38 USC.

It has to be an ACID or Defibrulator.

Basser