VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Something Else To Worry About

Rate this question

trailblazer

Question

!!! Oppose Senate Amendment (#564) to HR 2055 that will restrict VA Agent Orange Disability Claims

spacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifOppose Restrictions on VA Agent Orange Disability Claims

Take Action!

Oppose Amendment to MilCon/VA Spending Bill (HR 2055) Senator Coburn (Ok.) has filed an amendment (#564) to the Military Construction/ Veterans Affairs Appropriations bill (HR 2055) that will require a "causal relationship" for presumption for service connection for diseases associated with Agent Orange exposure that will significantly restrict benefits to Vietnam veterans. Vietnam veterans are presumed to be exposed to Agent Orange if they have certain conditions or diseases after the VA determines that a positive association exists between the exposure and the occurrence of the disease. Congress chose this mechanism because it is nearly impossible for Vietnam veterans to prove that exposure to Agent Orange caused their disease. Requiring a "causal relationship" would essentially mean that VA benefits for Agent Orange exposure would be out of reach for many Vietnam veterans that were exposed to the Agent Orange herbicide. Please use the FRA Action Center to ask your Senators to vote NO on this floor amendment # 564 for HR 2055.spacer.giffra_footer.gifspacer.gif

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

I just sent an open letter to Senator Coburn. Others can do the same, and it does not matter that the amendment was tabled, it needs to hit the shredder.

Papa

I live in Dallas Tx, can some one tell me who my Congress person is. I need to be on this band wagon! Hell I will find out :angry:

You can go to Senator Coburn's Facebook page and let him know your feelings.

Papa

I live in Dallas Tx, can some one tell me who my Congress person is. I need to be on this band wagon! Hell I will find out :angry: