VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pending Charges

Rate this question

hey

Question

My friend is applying to VR&E and she has an appointment coming up in the near future. She is currently pending charges. Can somebody tell me if she will be disqualified for VR&E if she is pending charges? If there are certain charges that disqualify you can you please list them. Thanks. I am just concerned for her and I know this isn't your typical question. Thanks

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Your friend should get into AA and get psychiatric couseling at the VA. I bet she suffers from depression due to chronic pain. She should see about getting some kind of DX from the VA. If she gets into AA that will help with court as well. Multiple DWI's can turn into felony charges. Then there is the factor of her hurting someone while driving drunk. That is a felony. Alcoholism is a disease. The VA is good at drying people out, but there must be follow-up to stay sober.

She has already done the AA thing and the rehabilitation stuff too. She hasn't drank nothing since November 11, 2010. She shows no signs of drinking again either. I think she will be ok. Just have to keep an eye on her though.. Alcohol is the worst drug out there. I've seen first hand what it does to families, marriages, friends, veterans, and the like. Alcohol is cunning; then, when it over comes you it takes you for a lllllllooooooonnnnnnnnngggggggg ride down a lonely road. It's bad stuff. Best to not even touch it from the get go; but you know how our society is. Need I say more?

Edited by hey

Yes it pays to be honest, so why are you a Patriots fan? I just had to go there. Ignore me; just giving you a hard time is all...LOL

It goes with the territory. I knew I would get some feedback when I uploaded their logo. I love it! Why am I a pats fan? Probably the same reason alot of folks are with the cowboys. I'm not a diehard fan, although I been with them since the early 80's. I'm just happy as a lark the crybaby's finally got their way and get on with this years season!

It goes with the territory. I knew I would get some feedback when I uploaded their logo. I love it! Why am I a pats fan? Probably the same reason alot of folks are with the cowboys. I'm not a diehard fan, although I been with them since the early 80's. I'm just happy as a lark the crybaby's finally got their way and get on with this years season!

I know right! Wasn't that a bunch of BS. The year of the crybabies is what I will remember 2011 as; simply because of the NFL and Congress.

"She hasn't drank nothing since November 11, 2010"... you posted, then how did she get this charge of DWI, reckless driving?

I believe it's DWI, wreckless driving. You posted this as her charges yet ?? Confusing on how many DWI charges, and when?

"She hasn't drank nothing since November 11, 2010"... you posted, then how did she get this charge of DWI, reckless driving?

Well some states do business kind of stupid. NC is one of those stupid states. They will make you wait for extended periods of time for no reason. Seriously! It took them just under a year to charge her with these charges but on a driving record check it will show her conviction date not the almost a damn year she had to wait for her to be convicted. But like I tell her it could always be worse. She could have killed some1.

Edited by hey