VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Long Does Voc Rehab Take

Rate this question

Cm Burns

Question

once you go the the breifing and are found to be entitled for it what or how long does it take to get set up at the school.

what is the protocal. i am signed up at a tech school i just dont know what happens after that.

thanks

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Shouldn't take too much longer.. Make sure you apply for the Post 911 too, because this August you will have the choice of picking the better pay of the two. You only need them to say you qualify.

how do you know which one you've applied for. my ap just said voc rehab.

Took a couple of weeks to be awarded and around 5-6 weeks for a check to arrive. Much quicker than any claim or retro. Mine was different as I already had some degrees and did a volunteer job and was paid to do that for some months, the best thing was my dental was completely covered. Even after experience and $$ stopped the dental was completed and took almost 2 years.

When you say awarded do u mean determine to be entitled. He already said he was finding me eligable just got to go there and do the orientation. Im in ga are they slower or faster. I know the apt was quicker

A lot of what you are asking is really dependent on how the VR&E office where you are going to handles business. Once they submit your information that you are in school and attending, you will probably get your allowance between 4-8 weeks. 5-6 weeks as mentioned below is about the norm, but some are quicker & some are slower.

Being eligible means you fit the disability rating and assessment necessary to get into a program. The entitlement is the payment that starts after you begin school. The camera & computer are again, up to the VR&E office you are going through. Some are very liberal, I heard of a Veteran getting a Mac from one, and I have heard VR&E counselors say No to computer requests. If your schooling requires a computer & a camera, you are probably not going to have any problem.

Maybe you should hold off some of your questions for the 17th when you meet with your counselor, because we can all give you guesstimates, but those are just guesses.

Good luck with your program

i was found entitled today but school says they are swamped and have not caught up in admissions. I dont know what to do. My voc rehab guy says he had to have that to move forward. we did the exploration already his is all I m waiting on.

I assume the progress does not start until they get the acceptance letter.

please let me know if you guys know what the next few steps are.

please help.