VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Letter From Varo St Petersburg, Fl

Rate this question

N4XV

Question

I think it is a certification letter from VA for obtaining free FL DV tags.

Basically states:

This is to certify that the records of the above-named honorably discharged veteran of the Armed Forces of the United States show that he has a service connected disability evaluated at 100 percent for purposes of compensation.

Letter dated July 16, 2011but post mark was July 22, 2011

The letter goes on with instructions on how to apply for the DV tags.

Have not yet received decision letter or retro info but hopefully within the next week or so.

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

N4XV, That's great! There is so much more the state can give you.

SP4RVN1971, Thank you. Although the letter I received didn't state P&T I'm assuming the decision letter will. After I get it I plan on visiting my county VSO to find out all the state and federal benefits I might be entitled to.

SP4RVN1971, Thank you. Although the letter I received didn't state P&T I'm assuming the decision letter will. After I get it I plan on visiting my county VSO to find out all the state and federal benefits I might be entitled to.

N4XV, Go to the Veterans Benefits State & Federal in the Forum for most of this information under Florida. Good Luck

• HadIt.com Elder

You will know if you are P&T if it says you have Chapter 35 benefits. Florida is pretty good for P&T vets.

Be sure to check out the "no taxes on your home deal" in Florida too. And congratulations....you should call your VSO or POA.....they should have all the award results already. Ours did....a week before we got our letter from St. Petersburg.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

N4XV, Go to the Veterans Benefits State & Federal in the Forum for most of this information under Florida. Good Luck

Just a minor update. I did not receive the big envelope from the VA yet, but I did get a VA med copay bill this afternoon. So just for grins and giggles I called the 1-866# they provided if you have questions. I explained about the letter I got on Saturday stating I am rated 100% and wanted information on getting a refund on my copays. They looked me up on their computer and the rep said it says I am rated 100% back to Sept., 2003 and I am entitled to a refund. She said she would update my copay account and the refund would be automatic. She said there was no other information on what ratings are prior to that date.

So I am figuring that prior to 2003 my IHD percentage rating will decrease back to 1991. Even if my claim doesn't go back to 1991 I am elated with the 100% back to 2003.

Will update again when the big envelope gets here.