VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veterans Crisis Line

Rate this topic

• 3 years later...
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I called that crisis line.

I was suicidal at the time. big time.

the young girl who answered the phone interrupted me to tell me, quite condescendingly, that this line was for veterans only.

now when they suggest i call the line if in "crisis" i just laugh at them and tell them what happened to me.

i would never call the line.

just sayin'.

Maybe you just had a bad encounter. Iv'e figured that that VA employees are just stuck in a system that works against the veteran. Some will try and help you but most don't want to go

against the current. They don't want to make waves that will affect their job in a negative way. I called the crisis line when I was suicidal. Being able to just talk out my problem and having

someone listen is therapeutic. they helped me a lot. At the same time you have to realize, that when you call the VA Crisis Line, you are calling the VA. Maybe not your local state VA, but

they are the VA. I have had them help out of some very unpleasant situations.

• 10 months later...
  • HadIt.com Elder

I called them and they pick up the call in New York.  I am in Tampa Florida.  They referred me to crises people in Tampa.  I called them and got a recorded message saying they would call me back in 24 hours.  I reminded them later than in 24 hours the vet calling them could be dead.   They said they handle all crises calls immediately.   I referred them to "Lying Ted"   for clarification.  If I were actually suicidal or homicidal I would call my private doctor.   If he could not talk sense to me I would commit myself.   I only call VA for VA problems.   Don't you hate it when someone lies right to your face.