VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veterans Crisis Line

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks-I may need this.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I am willing to put myself out there and say that I personally have used the crisis line and they have really helped me. I have problems with Major Depressive Disorder and sometimes need someone to talk to. They help when I want to talk about the stress that I am going through.

You don't have to be suicidal to call...you can just be having a bad day...and they listen and help.

A lot of the time they do ask if you want to give them your name so they can have someone at the VA contact you with a follow up. It is up to you if you want to tell them or remain anonymous. If you do tell them your info they will contact you. It can also help you get a mental health appointment sooner if you need one.

• 1 year later...

I am willing to put myself out there and say that I personally have used the crisis line and they have really helped me. I have problems with Major Depressive Disorder and sometimes need someone to talk to. They help when I want to talk about the stress that I am going through.

You don't have to be suicidal to call...you can just be having a bad day...and they listen and help.

A lot of the time they do ask if you want to give them your name so they can have someone at the VA contact you with a follow up. It is up to you if you want to tell them or remain anonymous. If you do tell them your info they will contact you. It can also help you get a mental health appointment sooner if you need one.

I have used this as well.... The person was not able to help with anything I was going through, but just knowing there is someone to listen; gave me another day...

We don't always know what we will do when depression takes over, and for people like me with head injuries it is more of a challenge then most. I tend to bounce from one emotion to another in a brief second. I do not plan for it and do not like when it happens.... but, When I did have a change in emotion... especially with the stress the V.A gave me ..... I was doing all I could to stay alive but wanting it all to end.... the kind and gentle voice of reason on the Crisis line helped more than I can explain on this site....

When you are in need, please make a call to them or visit the site listed above...

Respectfully,

Gaijin J

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use