VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Medication Availability

Rate this topic

Jon, have you tried Lomotil? I know you mentioned atropine. My uncle gave me some Lomotil on a business trip to Southeast Asia, it worked great for me. Almost to well.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have tried atropine: Diphenoxylate which, according to drugs.com is the generic of Lometol. Didn't work. The Codeine they recently gave me has not worked either. Thanks for the tip, though.

Edited by JON

I'm not sure if you are worried about the price or wandering what to take? If it is a price thing ( no insurance) sometimes the va hospital can do a formulary request for something not carried at the va and get it for you. Might be worth asking the va pharmacy and doctor.

As for the medicine, they are still missing with my cholestyramibe trying to get it to work. Had my 6-8 inches of intestines taken out ( diverticulitis) and my gall bladder removed ( post chilcystectomy syndrome). Good luck

Sounds like we have a lot in common. My ARNP Gastro tried to get the pharmacy to compound or buy Tincture of Opium outside VA- No dice. Saw a private Gastro-he suggested giving the codeine more time and possibly increasing dosage. Good luck.

• HadIt.com Elder

Regular opiates are usually cheap and that is why the VA prescribes things like morphine and methadone. Years ago I asked for celebrex and the VA gave me morhphine instead.....price!

• 1 month later...