VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Mailed Nod Today

Rate this question

emandg

Question

Thanks to my DAV Rep and all the posts on this site, I mailed my NOD off. Any SWAG's on a favorable outcome ?

***NOTICE OF DISAGREEMENT***

Consideration by a Decision Review Officer is requested

I received a rating decision dated April 15, 2011. I disagree with the 30% award for PTSD and am requesting the maximum allowed by law. Please consider this letter to be an official "Notice of Disagreement" (NOD)

Please refer to new evidence enclosed;

1. Attached letter and V.A. Progress Notes from Dr. **** and Dr. **** pertaining to current impact of my PTSD and related symptoms on my Social and Occupational functioning.

2. Attached letter from *****, Supervisor and ****, Regional Program Manager regarding accommodations made for me at my place of employment due to the current impact of my PTSD and related symptoms on my Occupational functioning.

3. Attached letter from *****, Step-Daughter, relating to the current impact of my PTSD and related symptoms on my Social functioning.

Considering the attachments and with review of my V.A. Progress Notes, it appears that I have not been evaluated properly. With my reduced reliability and productivity due to depression, anxiety, frequent panic attacks, difficulty in understanding complex commands, impairment of short and long term memory, disturbances in motivation and mood and difficulty in maintaining effective work and social relationships, I am walking billboard for severe PTSD.

Edited by emandg

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are able to work full time even with accommdation then I think 30%-50% is the kind of rating you will probably get even if your doctor says you are out of your mind. If you get 50% then that is good place to be if you have to retire on disability one day. It is a shorter jump from there to 70% TDIU than from 30%. I would have asked for a DRO Hearing in my NOD.