VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% Education Denied For Ciwd, But Currently Getting 60% Disability

Rate this question

cur.age

Question

i was getting 100% education benefits while under the gi bill before the current post 9/11, filed to get post 9/11 and was downgraded to 80% benefits due to only being in for 25 months, but i currently am getting 60% disability from the va. i filed a NOD, and got the report back saying that i was denied because of CIWD, condition interfering with duty, on my dd 214 i have gone from having it say "advoidant personality disorder" to "social anxiety disorder" to "other designated physical or mental", i lost the dd 214 when i first got out, applied for new one, and lost it again thats how i know the different "reasons".

there are really several things in there that need to be addressed, my biggest concern is that if i fight for the full education benefits, will that possibly affect my current disability rating? i am currently awaiting a decision on 100% rating, c&p examiner put in my rating evaluation that i was disabled due to anxiety issues, and they were not personality disorder related.

how often does ones dd 214 get changed like that? is it some sort of whim that they decide to look at it and put something else in the narrative reason for separation?

sorry if this is not the right place to post, since it goes across different departments of the va, was not sure the right place to post.

thanks for any help.

cur age

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Your education benefits will not impact your compensation. However, your compensation benefits can effect your education benefits in that they can deny you education benefits if your are unable to be gainfully employed due to your mental condition.