VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Multiple Ao Claims

Rate this question

cbtvet

Question

this is a question for my brother. he spent 26 months in vietnam as a door gunner, crew chief, test cell operator stationed at marble mtn . he retired in 96 from usmc. his physical symptoms are . an in service heart attack, bad knees in service surgery, aortal aneuisms after service surgery. tinnitus , bladder cancer. very high blood pressure. all well documented . i finally convinced him to see a vso he applied today for above mentioned problems except the bladder cancer which he forgot about. he also has a bad case of ptsd but he don't want to talk to a shrink. i told him i would get some advice for him. should he hold up on ptsd claim until the other stuff gets resolved since he would have to start from scratch and may resist going to a va shrink. ps. he has combat aircrew wings and did all the" bad " stuff helo crews dealt with.

Edited by cbtvet

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

this is a question for my brother. he spent 26 months in vietnam as a door gunner, crew chief, test cell operator stationed at marble mtn . he retired in 96 from usmc. his physical symptoms are . an in service heart attack, bad knees in service surgery, aortal aneuisms after service surgery. tinnitus , bladder cancer. very high blood pressure. all well documented . i finally convinced him to see a vso he applied today for above mentioned problems except the bladder cancer which he forgot about. he also has a bad case of ptsd but he don't want to talk to a shrink. i told him i would get some advice for him. should he hold up on ptsd claim until the other stuff gets resolved since he would have to start from scratch and may resist going to a va shrink. ps. he has combat aircrew wings and did all the" bad " stuff helo crews dealt with.

Well this brother of your's is in the right place! There is so much that he should get for service connected. Hadit i sthe right place to be. Try to make him understand, this is his right for his service! Been there in the skies and Mable Mtn.

He should go ahead and file a claim for his PTSD, as well his bladder cancer just to get his EED established. He has 1 year to get all his evidence in. Even if he's denied for PTSD the first go around, file NOD'S till he is granted. That way he'll get a bigger retro. Just make sure he files the NOD's on time.

Did he receive a medical discharge?

Do you mean by retired ,he was a lifer?

He would need t look into CRCS and CRDP (searchable here) to see how his military pay is impacted by any VA disability.

If he does apply for PTSD he will come under the new PTSD regs in our PTSD forum.

If the bladder cancer did not appear in service , the VA will only SC this as due to AO if it is in fact a soft tissue sarcoma that appears in the AO STS list here in our AO forum (and every vet rep should have that list.

I believe there is one single bladder cancer AO award at the BVA that involved an extensive IMO.

I will try to find it.

Everythng he has in his SMRS that also is still a current disability should be service connectable.

I sure dont hear Marble Mountain mentioned much anymore.My husband was there a few times (USMC First Amphibious Tractor Battalion- Danang 65-66. )

Edited by Berta

thanks for your help . my brother was a lifer no medical discharge. i too am a vietnam vet i also have bladder cancer. the vso told me to apply in case in the furture it becomes presumptive. i had a c&p for bladder cancer . i believe they were looking for prostate cancer . on the ptsd i thought if he applied and didn't follow up properly it might hold up the claim on the other things. the biggest thing is getting him to the va . ironically he is the one who talked me into going to the va after peeing blood for over a year. (yes thats dumb) thanks again.

Edited by cbtvet