VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exam For Depression

Rate this question

oldman273

Question

Hey I have read several claims on the forum and have a couple of questions. I have chronic pain from my back which is service connected I thought my last surgery would have been the sure thing a fix to my issues of my back. Well the fat lady has finnished her song and I am in worse shape than I was before the surgery. I have had my claim at the decison phase for the last three weeks and then on the 1st of August my claim was moved back to the devolpmental phase and I got a letter in that I have another C/P exam less than a week away.

With that stuff out of the way I have been through the VA system for counseling and I get my pain meds from my civillian Surgeon and the stuff is so strong I am unable to drive. Is it a common practice for the VA to go back and ask for a C/P at the last moment? I am probally being paranoid but dealing with the VA can make anyone paranoid.

I had put in a claim for depression as the chronic pain and my inability to do even the simplest task like dressing myself and showering I am not able to do these task has really been degrading I am not that old. At 46 I have the back of an 80 year old my surgeon told my wife. My Daughter age 13 has been my biggest helper with out her I probally would have been in a nursing home by now.

My wife wants to come with me as she is so angry at the VA I did not want her to go off on the C&P examiner. She has to work for the kids insurance and has missed work on account of me being unable to get out of bed and after I have fallen a few times going outside. I have been able to pay a guy to come do some things for me and my family comes by everyday to help me get around and do some light house keeping. The C/P exam is not something I can get ready for it is what it is to coin a phrase. I guess I am just tired but I do not have any thing else to bring with me other than the things I have went through. Thanks for any ideas or thoughts. I did want to add that I am not discouraging anyone from surgery everyone is different but my case is that I need more help daily I was not expecting the way it came out.

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question