VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Been In Development Stage For Over A Year

Rate this question

lack10

Question

I need help, I am at %70 and I recently filed for another claim in March 2010. I have not received one update.

I have also sent the VA medical records because my back has gottone worse with a buldging disk and pain down right leg that is getting worse.

I have tried DAV ans VO, I can't get no response.

E-benefits states development state since mar 2010.

I would like to know is there anything i can do.

Thanks

Kevin

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Contact IRIS on the VA website, I just used them it took about a week for them to get back to me, but they checked on my status and told me all my paperwork has been received and

my claim has been in the decision phase for 2 months, he said the backlog is usually 92 days once in the Decision Phase. Hopefully he wasn't blowing smoke!!!

92 Days? My back log in Az was estimated at 200 days in the decision field. ( Since October 2010). No one can give a good estimate when your claim will be decided. I can only tell you a lot of patience will be needed as we all go through this process. There is a huge back log currently with all the wounded Vets from both recent wars as well as the Vietnam era. My hope and prayers are with you and everyone else going through this long lengthy process.

Actually I was given the 200 days a few weeks ago. Now I just shrug my shoulders and life goes on. I currently am in to much pain to worry about this anymore. I can only help to counsel those wondering what the heck is going on. Three vacations and a heck of a lot of meds and Bingo-life goes on!!

Edited by COOL BREEZE