VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Save It All!

Rate this question

Berta

Question

Part of this letter on my SMC CUE claim-

states that the veteran 'had never filed a Section 1151 claim himself-

thus he did not have one pending at time of death'-

they are wrong.

the dates etc are all wrong in this letter- I am- unfortunately -very used to getting this type of letter from the VA-in the 1990s I got plenty like this one-

and will respond-

I have right in front of me- Rod's March 1994 Section 1151 claim-it clearly states that he feared the VA had misdiagnosed his PTSD so bad that they probably misdiagnosed other conditions like heart disease and strokes too and he believed they would eventually cause his death.

In June 1994 they told him to call back in 3 months as his claims were in the rating board-the Sec 1151 and his claim for higher rating on his PTSD.

He called a few months later and they said it was all still at the rating board and he died 4 hours after that call.

His 1151 was re-opened by me in 1995 and they admitted that they did cause his death.

I am so glad I have saved every single thing from the VA-

Do they think we are so stupid that they can say we didnt file a claim -when we did?

I hate clutter and have more than enough paper work around due to school- but I say SAVE it all-

I have envelopes with dated VA responses from the 1980s-

you just never know what they can pull if you have discarded something.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Guest jstacy

Berta, Even when they know they are defeated, They still come up with bull like this. Stay on top of them and do not let up. If they wiggle, Kick them in the groin.

Guest allanopie

Thanks for the heads up Berta..............

Berta, Even when they know they are defeated, They still come up with bull like this. Stay on top of them and do not let up. If they wiggle, Kick them in the groin.

Berta,

Im like you in this respect - even scraps of paper I write notes on I save.

I have my original enlistment contract from 1976, all of my orders, original

vaccination card from active duty, my little pocket "why we salute card"

my travel vouchers, my original 25 meter record fire scorecard, even my original

DA form 4415 - Physical Fitness Scorecard for Women from basic training.

I'm amazed - in 1977 on my 1st timed test for running a mile I started at 11:50

and by the 4th test my time was 9:20, might seem slow but it was the best I could do ---- wish I still could !

carlie

Hello Everyone:

Berta this is to you or anyone with knowledge of what I'm going thru with VA. Today was a very bad day for me mentally. I'm sick of getting the run around with VA. Just to catch you up; I'm 70% Combined SC for PTSD and Chronic Periphal Polyneuropathy. When I got the increase to 70% I had asked for IU and Total but they said I met the Schedular Requirements but was still full time employed but when my situation changed then to reapply. Well in Oct/05 I blew up at my supervisor and walked out. Anyway since then which is over 8 Months Ago since I put in to reopen my claim the Atlanta Reg Office worked on it and then when they finally told me it was at the Rating Board the next month they moved my file to the Montgomery, Al office. I'm so frustrated and have put in complaints with my Senator, Filed a Complaint online from the VA Website and now the Service Manager at Montgomery has personally got my file to see what is the hold up. I wrote them a certified letter trying to clear up everything and told them if they take a complete review of my file they will see that all of my medical documentation is their and I'm unemployed as well. Plus since this time, last week as a matter of fact, my psychiatrist has now diagnosed me as Bi-polar. I was already taking meds for Depression, Inflammation, Anxiety, Chronic Pain and now they tell me this. I'm trying to keep my sanity but I cried all day today. Since I have been out of work for 8 Months, I talked to my doctor and told her I was applying for my SSA Disability. I hired an agency though to deal with SSA, I can't handle that battle as well as VA right now. Anyway; I called Montgomery today to see what the status was and before I could really ask a question the tears just came and the lady felt so bad for me that she said she is going to have the Service Manager call me. I told her that I'm just at the end of my rope, I'm so tired of fighting and being in limbo waiting all this time for them to decided one way or the other what they are going to do, I need to know so I can Appeal, Get admitted to get me some psychiatric rest because my mind is exhausted. Any advice from anyone is appreciated...Thanks for listening guys/girls.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you have to go and have yourself admitted to the hospital. That will help you claim and if you stay in for more than 21 days you get 100% for that time. You won't have to worry about the TDIU because you will probably get 100%.