VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd

Rate this question

rydastar

Question

Well i guess thats it for me,,the report the psychologist sent in to rating was ..basically in a nutshell..i do not show any symptoms of PTSD...according to their criteria..i am still waiting for rating decision..all the phys.said was mild . mild mild..etc..no sleep problems, etc..i am at end of my rope with this...i could go on and on with this but for now..i will get my head wrapped around this psyc decision..and add to this later..have a good night if thats possible..:(

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Berta,

Find this very interesting. I believe that a lot of Vets that are getting a C&P exam for PTSD might be getting short changed on their ratings, and here is why. When, I went to a QTC doctor, all he wanted to hear was that I was in a combat zone. That was all the stressor he needed to hear. His report got me 30%. In and out fast. On my second PTSD exam, the QTC Doctor took much longer, and found that I had more stressors then just being in a combat zone. It is things that happen in the combat zone that affects us. It is things that the military it self does to us that causes stressors. Still waiting for the decision on my second exam.

Papa

"Posted 18 September 2010 - 08:05 AM

The new regs are so important it pays to bump them up here- I suggest strongly that anyone filing under these new regs read ALL of the info available.

The whole 9 yards of the new PTSD regs are here:

http://www.hadit.com...posed-new-ptsd/

2 hyperlinks and Tbird posted a video.

The new VBM 2010 edition from NVLSP contains an separate addendum and the important part to this addendum is:

It is important to note per the addendum that "the veteran must have been located" either in or within close proximity of the "hostile military or terrorist activity"that produced the "fear of" this activity.

The new reg is Not a "liberalizing" rule and the reg itself is insufficient alone in attempt to re-open a previous denial.

If a veteran's PTSD claim was denied and final prior to July 13,2010 and he/she files a new claims after July 13, 2010 they should give "as much detail as possible" regarding the experience they had or were in close proximity to that led to their "fear of hostile military or terrorist activity."

This post has been edited by Berta: 18 September 2010 - 08:07 AM"

Are you really saying that NO claim for PTSD will be approved if the service member was never in combat? Is that true?

No MST, no horrendous accident, no near-deadly attack from other service members can cause SC PTSD if the claimant didn't serve in a combat zone?

So essentially, no one had a SC PTSD trauma that occured between what, 1975 and 1990?

I don't understand.