VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sleep Apnea

Rate this question

mrb

Question

I was diagnosed with mild sleep apnea, will be given a cpap machine. I went to the sleep doctor and done the interview and the doc said I had all the symptoms. The doc scheduled the test. This was all on active duty orders. I done the sleep test and was diagnosed with mild sleep apnea and will be issued a cpap machine. The sleep test was not on orders but I was still covered by tricare. The reason I went to the doc was i could not sleep because of a fracture and a couple of surgerys(all done on active duty). So now I found out I have sleep apnea. Can you win a claim with this!!! I can not find a straight answer.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Interested

The reason I went for the sleep study was my ortho doc told me to see one. I had two major surgeries and one minor surgery done on my hand. I had a scaphoid fracture that would not heal until the second surgery and the ortho doc done a bone graft from my hip the second time, it supposely healed. The first time was a bone graft from my forearm it did not take. So I could not sleep without chronic pain in my hand going straight up my arm and from my hip down to my knees. That is what lead me the sleep study, so maybe this cpap machine will let me sleep and get my meds regulated and I will be fine. Thankful enough I still have tricare for six more months. I also have some nerve damage where the doc had cut on my hand three times, and range of motion is limited without pain.So needless to say Im spending alot of time at the doc office trying to get these matters taken care of. Im in the air guard so im using civillian docs.