VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nod For Parkinson's Disease

Rate this question

Papa

Question

I do not have official word from the VA, but only from the DAV that my PD was rated at the min. of 30%. My C&P exam at QTC was a joke. They brought a young GP that lived over 200 miles away. He had no ideal on how to perform the examination, so he had some young Lady tell him how to conduct the test. She was an office worker, my wife ask her if she was a Doctor. The GP apparently had zero experience in Neurological disorders. On a lot of the test, hew said I was unable to perform, but it is not documented on the report. Would this be worth initiated an NOD? That is once I get the official notice.

Papa

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

The decision will tell more and then it might be time to get the IMO with some of the retro.

A good IMO expert will punch holes in the C & P exam results and anything medically stupid they say in the SOC.

Parkinson's is such a new presumptive to AO that the VA probably doesn't even know how to handle and rate these claims.

I forget if I asked before Papa-do you get SSDI and if so is it solely for the Parkinson's?

Do you have a vet rep? Have they suggested applying for TDIU?

When I used PD, I should have identified it as Parkinson's Disease.

Papa

Sorry about that, I should of wrote neurologist Dr instead.

Berta,

I have an appointment this week with my personal Neurologist, and will seek his advice. I will also see if this VA Doctor that I know will look at it and maybe have a VA Neurologist look at the C&P. The C&P as I said in the post below was a joke.

I have not applied for SSDI I retired from civil service. However, I do receive a small SS check each month.

I have a Law Firm out of New Jersey taking care of an appeal that was filed due to my disagreement with the effective date of my DMII, and they failed to address the secondary conditions related to DMII that I ask them to consider. The appeal also covers back injury, aggravation of Hereditary Angioedema while in the military.

I was going to the DAV here in San Antonio, but did not like the lady rep. Rolling the eyes, and saying people want ice water over and over got me very upset. I now communicate with the DAV in Houston, they seem to be more on the ball.

I filed for TDIU back in Feb 2010.

I am also waiting on the VA to decide my PTSD re-evaluation. Currently 30%, and I know they do not ask for a re-evaluation to increase ones rating, but the C&P back last Oct 2010 clearly states that I am unable to work, and that my eating and weight is clearly linked to my PTSD. I don't think that is what the VA wanted to hear. Thanks always for your advice.

Papa

The decision will tell more and then it might be time to get the IMO with some of the retro.

A good IMO expert will punch holes in the C & P exam results and anything medically stupid they say in the SOC.

Parkinson's is such a new presumptive to AO that the VA probably doesn't even know how to handle and rate these claims.

I forget if I asked before Papa-do you get SSDI and if so is it solely for the Parkinson's?

Do you have a vet rep? Have they suggested applying for TDIU?

• HadIt.com Elder

Walking out on a c&p exam would have gotten Papa a big fat denial. I have had many incompetent exams over the years and some that were hostile. You have to go through the motions and file your NOD.

Thanks John,

My meds were working, and my wife had her wooden rolling pin in case I got out of hand. I have enough issues with the VA, I sure would not need this.

Papa