VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Denied Ssdi

Rate this question

Rangerwaldo

Question

• Answers 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Got denial letter from ssdi today. This was my first shot at it. Time to roll up the sleeves and appeal.

Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated.

RW,What exactly did SSA state is the reason/s for their denial ?

I think knowing that first, will help others in being able to provide some answers.

Example: If SSDI was denied due to not having enough work quarters of record,

then an appeal under those conditions would be fruitless.

Post when you can.

JMHO

Don't worry Waldo alot of us have been there. I was denied my first time. I hired a lawyer for the reconsideration and waited 9 months just to get denied again. I am waiting for an ALJ hearing. Thats where I'm at right now waited for a date. Don't give up the longer they wait and you remain out of work, makes their case that you can work weaker. Good Luck.

/doc

Did you get a Residual Functioning Capacity(RFC) form(s) filled out by your VA provider(s)? They are strong evidence for Social Security claims, and some VA providers are hesitant or say that filling them out is against policy.

Not so. VA Directive 2008 - 071 is the policy that VA providers are to use, and it states that providers must assist veterans, when requested, to fill out medical forms for other agencies. An Administrative Law Judge(ALJ) must give Great Weight to an RFC from a treating provider.

I found all this out too late to help me, and was denied by an ALJ; who discounted the RFC I had from my lawyer-recommended non-treating provider as a paid opinion.

Hi Carlie,

I have all my quarters and credits covered.

SS wrote, "We realize that your condition prevents you from doing your past job, but it does not prevent you from doing other work". That was there decision in a nutshell.

Looking at the evidence they used I know there missing a ton of Info. I let SS gather all the info. I will not make that same mistake again, I will get everything together myself.

I have reached out to a good SSD Lawyer in my area. I will meet with him next week.

Bonzai,

I will look into the RFC forms. Who exactly fills them out? My doc or va docs?

Thanks all,

Waldo