VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Denied Ssdi

Rate this question

Rangerwaldo

Question

• Answers 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I think SSD is designed to employ a lot of lawyers and administrative judges. I got lucky and got it myself the first time I applied. I had very good medical reports from doctors who did SSD work for SSD lawyers.

i also had a hard time as they throw out them jobs like folding sheets , or working at a gas station as ( he can still do this ) but my doctor said sure he can do these simple jobs he just cant do them more then 4 hours a day ... seems the rule is you must be able to work full time..

• HadIt.com Elder

I think the average SSD award is about 1000 bucks a month. Who can live on that unless they can exist on air and water. If you get 100% from the VA you can do OK.

To Jonn999,

If and when I get approved for ssdi and my payment is (for example) "1000 bucks a month". I am married with 3 kids, worked another job where I will fall under the WEP (Windfall Elimination Program) I was in construction and worked as a Police Officer.

At best guess what would I be looking at for a payment? I know the SSA has some type of formula they use when determining how much each kid gets. I don't believe my wife gets anything? I was told my maximum WEP would be around $400 bucks a month deducted from my total?

Thanks,

Waldo

Stay with it. I was awarded SSD at age 35. They based their findings based off of my military records. I am now waiting to see how my TDIU request will be decided. It is in the decision phase now after five months so I feel lucky as far as the speed in which it is moving.